Rakan F. Ghubej is an associate in the Litigation practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm's New York City office. His practice focuses on compliance counseling, internal and government investigations, and white collar litigation, with a particular focus on the life sciences industry.
Leveraging his prior experience as a former in-house attorney at a global pharmaceutical company, Mr. Ghubej also counsels life sciences companies—and their various departments and functions—on day-to-day compliance, legal, and business matters. Such matters include commercial product launches, vendor/service contract negotiations, trade and distribution, and managed markets strategies.
Mr. Ghubej's broad experience extends to assessing and developing compliance programs, federal and state fraud and abuse laws, advertising and promotion activities, U.S. and Ex-U.S. healthcare professional engagements, fair market value assessment, and patient support/assistance programs.
Mr. Ghubej received his law degree from Rutgers University School of Law – Newark, where he served on the Women's Rights Law Report as an Articles Editor. He earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Criminal Justice and Psychology from Springfield College, where he graduated with honors. Mr. Ghubej is admitted to practice law in New York and New Jersey.
- Rutgers University School of Law, Newark, J.D., 2012
- Springfield College, B.S. (cum laude), 2007
Engagement & Publications
- Co-Presenter, "Lessons Learned from the First Two Years of Sunshine Reporting," CPE Pharmaceutical/Biotech Accounting & Reporting Update Conference, Iselin, New Jersey, June 11, 2015
- Co-Author, "HIPAA And Mobile Health Apps: What developers need to know about app user privacy," The Food and Drug Law Institute Update Magazine, April 2015
- BioNJ – Legal, Compliance & Regulatory Group, Member
- Rutgers School of Law – Alumni Association Mentoring Program, Committee Member, and Mentor