Rick Kirkbride is a partner in the Real Estate practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s Century City office.
Mr. Kirkbride is also Chair of the Global Hospitality & Leisure practice group and brings over 35 years of experience representing institutional real estate companies and capital providers in the acquisition, development, finance and operation of hotels, resorts, other hospitality properties, and businesses throughout North America, Latin America, the Caribbean, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
- Named one of only two individual lawyers within "Band 1" in the National Leisure & Hospitality category by Chambers USA and Chambers Global every year since it started rankings in 2007.
- Named at various times over the last decade as one of the Top 100 lawyers (across all practice areas of law), one of the Top 10 Deal Makers in California as well as one of the top 50 development lawyers in California by both the Los Angeles and San Francisco Daily Journals as well as one of the Top 100 Lawyers in Los Angeles by the Los Angeles Business Journal
- Named Hospitality MVP by Law360
- Loyola Law School, J.D., 1983
- University of Southern California, B.A., 1979
Engagement & Publications
- Has spoken on various hospitality topics over the last 20 years at seminars and conferences throughout the world, whose sponsors include the International Bar Association, Los Angeles County Bar Association, American Bar Association, UCLA, NYU, University of Houston’s Conrad N. Hilton College of Hotel and Restaurant Management, Northern Arizona University, Florida International University, Columbia University, University of Michigan, Continuing Legal Education Institute, and the International Management Network
- Written articles for, and is quoted frequently in, legal and hospitality industry-related magazines and newspapers
- Adjunct Professor at Columbia University, School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation
- Member of the Law360 Hospitality Advisory Board
- Founder of the UCLA Real Estate Conference
- Instructor at UCLA on Hospitality Law
- General Counsel and Member of the Planning Committee of ALIS
- Member of ULI and immediate past Chair (and currently Vice Chair at Large) of its Hotel Development Council
- Member of New York Bar Association of Hotels, Restaurants & Tourism Committee
- Previously Full member of the International Society of Hospitality Consultants
- Previously served on the Planning Committee of the UCLA California Restaurant Industry Conference and the Steering Committee on China of the International Travel & Tourism Council
- Past Chair of the Timeshare Committee and Vice Chair of the Hospitality Committee of the American Bar Association
- Member of the Executive Committee of the Real Property Section of the Los Angeles County Bar Association and past Chair of its Real Estate Development Subsection.
- Certified Public Accountant (inactive)