Scott Faga is a partner in the Structured Credit practice at Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s Washington, D.C. office. His practice covers securitization and structured finance with particular emphasis in collateralized loan obligations and other structured credit products. Mr. Faga represents underwriters and collateral managers in collateralized loan-obligation transactions. He represents banks and other financial institutions in connection with a variety of structured finance and regulatory matters. Mr. Faga also acts as counsel to lenders in connection with the financing of various classes of assets, including middle-market loans.
- The Legal 500 USA, Leading Lawyer, Structured Finance: Securitization (2020-2022)
- Ranked by Chambers USA and Chambers Global (2013 – 2020)
- George Mason University School of Law, J.D. with High Honors
- College of William and Mary, B.A.
- Paul Hastings advises responsAbility Investments AG on innovative social bond - June 14th, 2021
- Paul Hastings Named Top Global CLO Counsel for the Third Consecutive Year - February 7th, 2020
- Paul Hastings Named Top Global CLO Counsel for the Second Consecutive Year - February 20th, 2019
- Paul Hastings Named Top Global CLO Counsel - February 8th, 2018
- Paul Hastings Named European Law Firm of the Year by Private Debt Investor - March 1st, 2017
- FCA/PRA, UK Government and ESMA release new requirements for Securitisation Regulation - December 20th, 2018
- Court Rejects Application of Risk Retention Rules to CLOs - February 12th, 2018
- LIBOR—The Beginning of the End—A Reason to Raise Derivatives Alarm Bells? - August 9th, 2017
- The Foreign Transaction Safe Harbour for U.S. Risk Retention on European CLOs - March 13th, 2017