Serena G. Granger is Practice Development & Market Intelligence Counsel in the Global Finance practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm's New York office. Ms. Granger focuses on her practice on debt finance, together with related practice development and market intelligence initiatives. She creates market updates, market-tracking tools and interactive data analytics for key market metrics and deal points in finance transactions, as well as develops and maintains finance-transaction document forms, best practice checklists and training programs. Ms. Granger regularly advises clients on LIBOR transition matters in the U.S. loan market. Prior to joining Paul Hastings, Ms. Granger was a senior associate in the finance practice of another major law firm, where she represented lenders, sponsors and borrowers in syndicated financings, high yield offerings, club deals, unitranches and bilateral facilities, including in connection with leveraged buyouts, recapitalizations, restructurings and structured credit transactions across many industries.
- Recognized as a "Young Professional to Watch" by the International Legal Technology Association (2019)
- Awarded "Law Firm Innovation of the Year" for the development of Market Scorecard (an interactive finance transaction data analytics tool) by LegalWeek (2019)
- Columbia Law School, J.D. (Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar), 2010
- Princeton University, A.B. (cum laude), 2007
Engagement & Publications
- Published in Lexology, Refinitiv and other loan market industry and legal publications.
- Participates in panels on topics including LIBOR transition and loan market trends.
- Contributed to Paul Hastings' "Loan Market Updates" on "Life After LIBOR," "Recurring Revenue Isn't EBITDA" and more.
- Business Law Committee, Loan Syndications & Trading Association (Member)
- Secured Transactions Subcommittee, American Bar Associations (Member)