Steven Shuldman is an associate in the Litigation practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm's New York office. His practice specializes in anti-bribery and corruption investigations, compliance enhancement matters, and transition due diligence focusing on the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), anti-money laundering, and sanctions. He has also advised on a variety of securities and FCPA investigations involving state and federal regulators. Steven brings expertise to disputes and regulatory matters involving accounting fraud or irregularities, having started his career as a Certified Public Accountant in the external audit group at a multinational accounting firm.
- University of Technology, Sydney (Australia), Graduate Certificate in Australian Law, 2021
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D. (cum laude), 2015
- Lehigh University, B.S., Accounting (high honors), 2010
- Served on a U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ)-appointed compliance monitorship team assessing and reporting on an international pharmaceutical product manufacturer's adherence to non-prosecution and settlement agreements with the DOJ and Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
- Represented a national banking institution with its response to an investigation by regulators, including the SEC and the New York Attorney General, into its sales practices relating to managed investment products and compensation structure of its private wealth management business.
- Represented a Philippines-based conglomerate with nationwide involvement in the food and power industries pertaining to the enhancement of its anti-bribery and anti-corruption compliance program.
- Represented an Indonesian biopharmaceutical company pertaining to the enhancement of its anti-bribery and anti-corruption, anti-money laundering and sanctions compliance program.
- Represented a foreign national in connection with his successful delisting petition from the Specially Designated Nationals list before the U.S. Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control.
- Advised various U.S. investors pertaining to FCPA, anti-money laundering, and sanctions transaction risks.
Engagement & Publications
- Published in Fordham Law Review