Thomas Ayres is an associate in the Latin America and Corporate practices of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm's São Paulo office. His practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, cross-border investments, joint ventures, and general corporate matters in Latin America, with a focus on Brazil. Mr. Ayres has represented private and public companies, investment firms, and banks in sales, acquisitions, and other business combinations in sectors such as energy, infrastructure, real estate, healthcare, and technology.
- University of Chicago Law School, LL.M., 2015
- Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, B.A./LL.B., 2011
- Advised Arezzo Indústria e Comércio S.A., a leader in the women's footwear, handbags, and accessories market in Brazil, on the acquisition of assets from, and a licensing and distribution agreement in Brazil with Vans.
- Advised Grupo ABC, the largest advertising agency in Brazil, in the sale of its stake in Pereira & O'Dell LLC to Serviceplan.
- Advised the selling shareholders on the sale of Agrosema Comercial Agrícola Ltda. to Nutrien Ltd.
- Advised Mubadala Capital in its investment in Prumo S.A.
- Advised Cyrela Commercial Properties in connection with the formation of a joint venture with Canada Pension Plan Investment Board for investments in the Brazilian commercial real estate sector.
- Advised AIYRA Empreendimentos e Participações Ltda. in the formation of a joint venture with GIC to invest in the Brazilian residential real estate market.
- CVS Health in the sale of Drogaria Onofre to Raia Drogasil.*
- TPG in the acquisition of Abengoa's power transmission assets in Brazil for R$482 million.*
- Eurofarma Laboratórios in the acquisition of product line of Laboratorios Stein.*
- Cyrela Commercial Properties in a swap transaction with the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board for an interest in its commercial real estate portfolio.*
- Cyrela Commercial Properties in the sale to Prologis of its stake in its joint venture with Prologis for R$1.2 billion.*
- Mubadala Investment Company in various transactions and general corporate matters.*
* Experience prior to joining Paul Hastings