Tom Cartwright is a partner in the Private Equity practice at Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s London office.
Mr. Cartwright counsels UK and international private equity sponsors, sovereign wealth funds, and family offices on private equity investments and M&A transactions. On an ongoing basis, he represents a number of private equity-backed companies and other corporations both in the UK and internationally on commercial transactions.
Mr. Cartwright often speaks about the current issues in the private equity industry. He also writes about these topics for the UK and international trade press.
- The Legal 500 UK, Recommended, Industry Focus: Life Sciences and Healthcare, 2021, 2022
- The Legal 500 UK, Recommended, Corporate and Commercial: Private Equity: Transactions - Mid-Market Deals (Up to £250m), 2021, 2022
- The Legal 500 UK, Recommended, Corporate and Commercial: M&A: Lower Mid-Market Deals, £50m-£500m, 2020–2022
- The Legal 500 UK, Recommended, TMT (Technology, Media and Telecoms): Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology, 2020
- IFLR1000 Financial and Corporate, Highly Regarded 2020, 2021
- University of Hull, England, 1991, LLB (Hons)
- University of Westminster, England, 1994, LPC
- Advised White Mountains insurance Group (NYSE: WRM) on the U.K. aspects of its $1.775bn sale of NSM Insurance Group to funds affiliated with Carlyle Group (Nasdaq: CG)
- Advised Dimanche LLC, an affiliate of Regent LP on its acquisition of the European innerwear business of Hanes Brands Inc (NYSE: HBI)
- Advised WE Soda on the $450m sale of 60% of its North American Soda Ash business to Sisecam Chemicals
- Advised NSM insurance on the acquisition of Kingsbridge Group from Dunedin
- Advised Abercrombie & Kent on the acquisition of Cox & Kings
- Advised Heritage Capital on the acquisition of Abercrombie & Kent
- Advised Silversea Cruises and its owner on the sale of a sale of 66.67% of its business to Royal Caribbean Cruises for approximately $1bn plus future incentives payments