Yanqiu Liu is an associate in the Corporate practice of Paul Hastings.
His practice concentrates on private equity transactions, cross-border acquisitions and capital markets. Mr. Liu also has experience in other corporate matters and complex international disputes.
Mr. Liu passed the bar in China in 2016, but does not hold a current practicing certificate. Mr. Liu is admitted to the New York State Bar. He is fluent in English and Mandarin.
- UCLA School of Law, LL.M., 2018
- East China University of Political Science and Law, LL.B., 2017
Private Equity / M&A
- Represented De Well, an international logistics company, on the subscription of its equity interest by an investing vehicle of Cainiao, a global logistics service provider under Alibaba Group.
- Represented GenScript Biotech, a biotechnology company focused on gene synthesis technology, and its indirect wholly-owned subsidiary Probio Technology
- in a Series A financing transaction from a private equity firm Hillhouse Capital who subscribed minority equity interest in Probio Technology for US$150 million, with a US$125 million warrant to purchase additional shares;
- in its US$37 million Series B financing from Zhenjiang High-Tech Venture Capital; and
- in its Series C financing with investments from Legend Capital, Highlight Capital, Hillhouse Capital and other prominent institutional investors. Probio Technology raised approximately US$224 million from the Series C investors.
- Apex Group’s founder shareholders in their equity sales transaction as part of the Swiss publicly listed company Kuehne+Nagel’s acquisition of the Apex Group, a leading logistics company.
- Represented YF Capital, a leading private equity firm in China, in its RMB100 million investment in a PRC semiconductor manufacturer.
- Represented American International Group to dispose its equity interest in a Sino-foreign cooperative joint venture established in the mid-1980s, which owns Shanghai Centre, a landmark building in downtown Shanghai.
- Represented SinoMab BioScience Limited in its US$176.5 million global offering and IPO on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange as a Chapter 18A biotech company.
- Represented Fosun Tourism Group in its US$428 million global offering and IPO on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Represented Jiangsu Dieshiqiao Home Textile Industry Group, a Chinese state-owned property leasing, infrastructure and resettlement housing construction enterprise, in its issuance of US$100 million 2.2% credit enhanced bonds due 2024.
- Represented AMC Wanhai Securities, Haitong International, Shanghai Pudong Development Bank, China Galaxy International Securities, CMBC Securities, Industrial Bank and Guoyuan Capital as the joint lead managers in the issuance of US$150 million 2.8% credit enhanced bonds due 2024 by Rudong County Jinxin Transportation Engineering Construction Investment Co., Ltd., a Chinese state-owned infrastructure investment company.
- Represented Mei Nian Investment and Meinian Onehealth as the issuer and parent guarantor respectively on Mei Nian Investment’s issuance of US$200 million guaranteed senior notes due 2021. Meinian Onehealth is one of the largest private health checkup services providers in China.
Other Corporate Matters
- Represented one of the largest integrated shipping companies in China on CFIUS-related matters with respect to its substantial acquisition.
- Represented several U.S. and European companies in their general corporate matters.
- Represented a PRC-based private equity fund in HKIAC arbitration in disputes arising from acquisition of a PRC subsidiary from a US-listed company.
- Represented a US-based private equity fund in HKIAC arbitration in disputes arising from real estate joint ventures in China and coordinated strategy for parallel proceedings in CIETAC.