Zhenyu Ma is a China Associate in the Litigation Department. Her practice focuses on FCPA/anti-corruption, internal investigations, regulatory enforcement, and compliance matters.
Ms. Ma is admitted to practice law in New York. Ms. Ma passed the PRC bar examination in 2017, but does not hold a current practicing certificate. Ms. Ma is fluent in English and Mandarin.
- New York University, LL.M., 2020
- East China University of Political Science and Law, LL.M., 2021
- Central South University, LL.B., 2017
- Conducted multiple internal investigations on behalf of a leading multinational pharmaceutical company related to whistle-blower claims, expense fraud, and improper payments.
- Conducted a series of internal investigations for a U.S. multinational biopharmaceutical company on falsified meetings and expense fraud, including meeting deep dive analysis, interviews, and investigation report preparation.
- Advised a leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology company in internal investigations regarding FCPA/anti-corruption and off-label promotion.
- Advised a multinational business software corporation in internal investigations of its operations in Greater China in connection with whistleblower allegations, bribery and corruption, contract fraud, and third-party misconduct.
- Conducted an internal investigation for an American distributor of information technology products and services related to bid rigging.
- Advised the audit committee of the board of directors of a U.S. public-listed Chinese technology company in an internal investigation into allegations of financial irregularities, revenue inflation, and accounting fraud.
- Conducted compliance due diligence in M&A transactions for real estate and manufacturing companies.