Adam Fee is a partner in the Investigations and White Collar Defense practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s Century City, Los Angeles, and New York offices. Mr. Fee advises companies, individuals, and boards facing government investigations and complex civil litigation. As a former federal prosecutor, he has deep experience in a variety of matters, including cross-border fraud and money-laundering, securities and accounting fraud, cryptocurrency regulation and enforcement, corruption, data protection, and cyber security. During his time with the United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York, Mr. Fee led many of the government’s highest profile prosecutions in these areas.
Mr. Fee’s experiences inside and outside of government have prepared him to be an energetic and trusted counselor for clients confronting high-stakes matters. While he focuses his practice on white collar enforcement matters, he has handled a broad variety of litigations and disputes across the globe covering an array of industries and subjects.
Prior to joining Paul Hastings, Mr. Fee was a partner at another international law firm. He previously served for more than five years as an Assistant United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York, Criminal Division, where he was a member of the Terrorism and International Narcotics Unit. Mr. Fee played a lead role in a variety of high-profile prosecutions. His work included prosecutions of three al Qaeda members responsible for bombing two U.S. embassies in East Africa in 1998; a group of Russian intelligence agents covertly operating in New York City; and former elected officials in Guatemala and Honduras for corruption and money laundering offenses. Mr. Fee also led dozens of sensitive cross-border investigations in coordination with law enforcement and intelligence agencies throughout the world.
- The Legal 500 US, Recommended for Corporate Investigations And White-Collar Criminal Defense (2023)
- Benchmark Litigation, “Future Star” (2020-2023)
- Benchmark Litigation, “40 and Under Hot List” (2019-2020)
- Harvard Law School, J.D., 2006
- Yale University, B.A., 2003
- Representation of a major international bank in investigations by the SEC, CFTC, and state and federal banking regulators concerning its FX trading practices, and related private securities actions.
- Representation of a major crypto trading platform in an SEC enforcement action and private securities actions.
- Representation of a publicly listed international corporation in responding to a significant cyber-attack and recovering tens of millions of dollars in funds stolen by the attackers through global asset recovery efforts.
- Representation of a major international bank in a variety of SEC and DOJ investigations concerning SPAC transactions and related private securities actions.
- Representation of a former entertainment executive in criminal fraud charges brought by the DOJ in the Central District of California, and a parallel SEC case in the Southern District of New York.
- Representation of a foreign media executive on FARA and national security-related charges brought by the DOJ in the Northern District of California.
Matters may have been completed before joining Paul Hastings