Alexander Kaplen is an associate in the Corporate practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s Washington, D.C. office. Mr. Kaplen is a member of the Energy Practice where he provides counsel on a broad range of energy regulatory and transactional matters. Prior to joining Paul Hastings, Mr. Kaplen was an Associate Counsel at the North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC). At NERC, he specialized in corporate governance and enforcement of NERC’s Reliability Standards on the bulk power system.
Mr. Kaplen received his J.D. in 2016 from The George Washington University Law School, where he served on the editorial staff of the George Washington University Federal Communications Law Journal.
He received his B.A. in International Affairs, cum laude, from the Elliott School of International Affairs at The George Washington University.
- The George Washington University Law School, J.D., 2016
- The George Washington University, B.A. (cum laude), 2012
- Member of the Federal Communications Law Journal, The George Washington University Law School
- Member of the Energy Bar Association
- Co-founder of The George Washington University Law School Energy Alumni group