Associate, Litigation Department
Washington, D.C.Phone: 1(202) 551-1901
Ami Egerstrom is an associate in the Litigation practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the Washington, DC office. Her practice focuses on internal investigations and white collar criminal defense, with emphasis on Foreign Corrupt Practices Act ("FCPA") and anticorruption investigations and disputes.
Before joining Paul Hastings, Ms. Egerstrom clerked for Judge Marina Garcia Marmolejo at the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas.
Ms. Egerstrom received her law degree from the University of Virginia School of Law in 2020, where she served as an editor for the Virginia Law Review. Prior to attending law school, Ms. Egerstrom earned a Master of Arts degree in Comparative Politics and Public Law from the University of Texas at Austin in 2017. She also earned a Bachelor of Arts degree, cum laude, with honors, in Political Science and Latin American Studies from Colorado College in 2015.
Ms. Egerstrom is admitted to practice in Virginia and the District of Columbia. Ms. Egerstrom is a native Spanish speaker.
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 2020
- University of Texas at Austin, M.A., 2017
- Colorado College, B.A. (cum laude), 2015
- Representing a European aerospace company before the U.S. Department of Justice with respect to allegations of bribery
and export control violations as part of a global corruption investigation involving U.K. and French criminal enforcement
- Represented a publicly-traded Brazilian petrochemical company under investigation by the DOJ and SEC for FCPA violations
- Represented a US-based executive in DOJ and SEC investigations of possible FCPA violations.
- Member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers