Anu Balasubramanian is a corporate partner at Paul Hastings. She leads our private equity practice in London and is the vice chair of our global private equity practice.
Anu has over 20 years of experience leading complex leveraged buyouts, corporate M&A and portfolio advice across a variety of sectors including technology, software, retail and services. She has been recognized as a leading private equity lawyer by a number of publications and has received a number of awards for her contributions to the legal industry.
Anu’s clients include Abry Partners, Oakley Capital, Francisco Partners, Link Mobility and Wipro Limited.
Anu also dedicates time to pro bono activities, including giving UK legal advice as part of the activities of Toynbee Hall in the East End of London, a charity which works to bridge the gap between people of all social and financial backgrounds, with a focus on working towards a future without poverty.
- Named a 'Hall of Fame solicitor' for Private Equity: Transactions - Mid-Market Deals - Up to £250m - The Legal 500 UK 2023
- Winner of "Private Equity Lawyer of the Year" at the Women in Business Law Awards EMEA 2022
- Selected by the Financial Times as one of the 10 innovative lawyers in Europe, 2020
- Named a 'Leading Individual' for Private Equity - The Legal 500 UK 2020
- Dealmaker of the Year - British Legal Awards 2019
- Private Equity Dealmaker of the Year - The Deal Awards Europe 2019
- TMT Lawyer of the Year – TMT M&A Awards 2019
- Recognized as a "Dealmaker" by Legal Business 2018
- Shortlisted for: Corporate & Commercial Lawyer of the Year – The Legal 500 UK 2020 Awards
- Recognized by The Lawyer 2017 as a "Private Equity Star"
- Named as one of The Lawyer Magazine's "Hot 100" 2015
- Shortlisted for: Best in private equity - Europe Women in Business Law Awards 2019
- St. John's College, Cambridge University, M.A. Law, 1998
- St. Stephen's College, Delhi, B.A. History, 1996
- Abry Partners on a number of transactions including:
- the €360 million take private of Link Mobility Group
- the sale of Addsecure to Castik Capital
- the US$350 million sale of Basefarm Holdings to the Orange Group
- the sale of Thomson Online Benefits to Mercer Limited
- the acquisition of Chiron Security Communications
- Oakley Capital on a number of transactions including:
- the acquisitions of Casa.it and atHome.lu
- the acquisition of Ekon
- the acquisitions of Seagull and Videotel
- the acquisitions of North Sails Group, Tomasoni, MBrands and Southern Spars
- the acquisition of the global ICT services business of Damovo
- the acquisition of the iconic design brand, Alessi
- the sale of the atHome group to Mayfair Equity Partners
- Francisco Partners on a number of transactions
- Link Mobility on a number of transactions
- Wipro Limited on a number of transactions including:
- the acquisition of Designit A/S
- the US$500 million acquisition of Appirio Inc
- a number of corporate reorganisations
Engagement & Publications
- Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales
- Admitted to the Bar Council of India