Bridget Vuona is an associate in the Litigation practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm's New York City office. Her practice focuses on matters relating to the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act ("FCPA") and international anti-corruption law, including cross-border government and internal investigations.
Ms. Vuona regularly counsels multinational clients in diverse industries such as power, robotics, software and technology, rail transport, and aerospace in criminal and civil investigations conducted by the U.S. Department of Justice and the Securities and Exchange Commission, as well as in internal investigations. Her substantive experience includes investigations into alleged corruption, financial irregularities, promotional practices, local regulatory violations, export controls violations, and other complex matters. Several of these reviews also involved parallel investigations by foreign anti-corruption authorities or regulators including the U.K. Serious Fraud Office, South Africa National Prosecuting Authority, and the Office of the Attorney General of Switzerland.
Ms. Vuona also counsels clients regarding anti-corruption compliance programs, risk assessments, and conducting due diligence on third parties and in connection with mergers and acquisitions.
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 2019
- University of San Diego, B.A. Political Science (magna cum laude), 2015
- Represented a global aerospace and defense company in connection with a corruption-related investigation by multiple national enforcement agencies in the U.S., U.K, and France resulting in negotiation of a coordinated global resolution
- Represented a global rail transport company in connection with risk assessment and due diligence in various jurisdictions in connection with post-acquisition compliance program integration
- Represented a global technology company in connection with a risk assessment and enhancement of its anti-corruption compliance program, as well as corruption-related investigations by multiple national enforcement agencies in the U.S., Switzerland, Germany, and South Africa
Engagement & Publications
PH Insight: Approaching Self-Reporting & Co-operation Standards in U.S., U.K., & French Enforcement (December 15th, 2020); Co-authored Reconciling the "Gauvain report" with continued multi-jurisdictional cooperation in the global fight against corruption, published in Assas International Law Review (Revue de droit international d'Assas) (October 2020); Authored the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act chapter in the American Criminal Law Review's Annual Survey of White Collar Crime (2019)
- Senior Editor for the American Criminal Law Review's Annual Survey of White Collar Crime, Georgetown Law