Edward Meadowcroft is a partner in the Real Estate practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm's London office. His practice consists of advising on the full spectrum of documentation across the real estate sector, including advising on acquisitions and disposals, restructurings, joint ventures and management agreements. Mr. Meadowcroft has experience in advising both UK and international clients operating across a variety of jurisdictions and regularly works on significant cross border mandates.
- Ranked as a “Rising Star” - The Legal 500 UK 2022, 2023 and 2024
- Ranked as an “Associate to Watch” in Chambers UK 2022 and 2023 and “Up and Coming” in Chambers UK 2024
- Clients have commented in the aforementioned publications as follows:
- “very hard working, responsive and provides practical advice which enhances the ability to complete transactions quickly and efficiently”
- “really good at advising on and understanding the market. He is very prompt and responsive”
- “very commercially driven. He gives very sharp advice and recommendations, giving us a good steer on problems”
- “Ed is always willing to go the extra mile for clients”
Mr. Meadowcroft holds a B.A (hons) history degree from the University of Warwick. Mr. Meadowcroft also holds a Bachelor of Laws with First Class Honours. He completed the Graduate Diploma in Law and accelerated Legal Practice Course at the University of Law, London in 2011 and 2012 respectively, both with distinction.
Advising Starwood Capital on:
- the corporate acquisition of a portfolio of 10 hotels located in London from Edwardian Group.
- the corporate sale of a portfolio of 14 hotels in the U.K. to Fonciere des Regions for a purchase price in excess of $1 billion – winner of Hot.E Deal of the Year 2018.
- the corporate sale of a portfolio held in joint venture with M7, consisting of 49 logistics assets located in the Netherlands and Germany, to Blackstone for a consideration in excess of €400 million.
- the corporate acquisition of 13 industrial sites across England.
- the corporate acquisition of two hotels in Denmark and subsequent leaseback arrangements.
- the acquisition of a development site in Manchester in joint venture with Property Alliance Group for an anticipated £200m mixed use redevelopment, including advising on the development management agreement.
- the acquisition of a 30% stake in Yotel, the new shareholders’ agreement with the existing shareholders and a template hotel management agreement, for a consideration in excess of US$200 million.
- the corporate acquisition of the Sofitel Chain Bridge Hotel in Budapest and manage-back arrangements with Orbis Hotel Group for a consideration in excess of US$100 million.
- the corporate sale of a portfolio of four Melia branded Spanish hotels to London & Regional Properties for a consideration in excess of €200 million.
Advising Angelo Gordon on various sale and leaseback transactions in England, Ireland, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, and Spain.
Advising Benson Elliot (now Pinebridge Benson Elliot) on:
- its joint venture with Walton Street Capital and Algonquin and acquisition by the joint venture of a pan-European hotel portfolio for an amount in excess of €400 million. Mr. Meadowcroft has also advised the joint venture on subsequent disposals from the portfolio in Belgium, Germany, Italy, France, and Poland.
- the corporate acquisition of Hotel Diagonal in Barcelona, in joint venture with Walton Street Capital and Highgate and subsequent sale to Ennismore.
- the corporate acquisition of three hotels in Disneyland, Paris.
- management arrangements with Palladium for a hotel in Costa del Sol, Spain.
Advising Goldman Sachs on:
- the acquisition of a portfolio of 12 hotels in Ireland and related franchise arrangements with Travelodge.
- the franchise agreement with Hard Rock for the first Hard Rock Hotel in Ireland.
Advising Evans Randall on numerous real estate acquisitions, disposals, and joint ventures including:
- the corporate sale of Riverbank House for a consideration in excess of €400 million.
- the corporate sale of Old Broad Street for a consideration in excess of €200 million.
- the corporate sale of Sovereign House.
- the corporate acquisition of Thavies Inn House.
Advising LRC Group on:
- the corporate acquisition of a portfolio of 23 U.K. hotels from Lone Star for a purchase price of approximately £600 million.
- the corporate acquisition of a portfolio of seven Hilton hotels from Oaktree Capital Management.
Other representative transactions include:
- advising Lifestyle Hospitality Capital on its joint venture and management arrangements with Elliott.
- advising Capital Hospitality Europe on various hotel management and franchise arrangements.
- advising Oaktree on the acquisition of the Glass Bottle site in Ireland and related development management arrangements.
- advising Alpine Grove on the acquisition of a serviced office portfolio.
- advising Cerberus on a number of U.K. acquisitions.
- advising Activum on a number of U.K. and European acquisitions and disposals.
- advising A&O Hostels on a number of acquisitions.
- advising the shareholders of Matalan on the sale of the Matalan HQ.
- advising Alpha Real Capital on the corporate sale of an interest in a Spanish shopping centre.
- advising a global private equity investment firm on the corporate sale of a Swiss and Austrian office building for an aggregate total of approximately €150 million.