Eleanor K. Mercado
Associate General Counsel
Los AngelesPhone: 1(213) 683-6118
Eleanor Mercado is Associate General Counsel in the Office of the General Counsel and is based in the firm’s Los Angeles office.
Ms. Mercado is also a member of the firm’s Securities Litigation practice and has experience in all phases of securities litigation, investigations and appellate matters. She represents and advises public companies and their officers and directors in the defense of regulatory and private securities actions arising under state and federal securities laws. Ms. Mercado also represents companies and individuals in internal investigations and white-collar criminal matters. In addition, she has experience defending class action lawsuits and matters involving allegations of unfair business practices, racketeering, fraud, antitrust violations, and whistleblower suits under the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act and the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
Ms. Mercado received her J.D. from the University of Southern California Gould School of Law in 2005, where she was a board member of the Public Interest Law Foundation and served on the staff of the Interdisciplinary Law Journal. In 1999, she graduated cum laude from the University of Southern California with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Philosophy. Ms. Mercado is a member of the State Bar of California, and is admitted to practice before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, the Central District of California, the Northern District of California and the Southern District of California.
- University of Southern California Law School, J.D., 2005
- University of Southern California, B.A., 1999
Engagement & Publications
- Whistleblower Award is a Bellwether, The Daily Journal, October 17, 2013
- Admitted to the California Bar; the Central, Eastern and Southern District of California; and the Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Member of the Litigation Section of the American Bar Association
- Member of the Litigation Section of the Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Member of the Federal Litigation Section of the Federal Bar Association