Flavio Averbug is a corporate associate in the Securities and Capital Markets practice and is based in the firm’s New York office. His practice focuses on representing issuers, underwriters, placement agents, dealer managers, and other parties in public and private, and domestic and cross-border, securities transactions, including IPOs, SPACs and deSPACs, follow-on offerings, PIPEs, Rule 144A/Regulation S offerings, high yield and investment grade debt offerings, and liability management. He also advises public company clients on corporate governance and securities law issues. Mr. Averbug also has previous experience in mergers and acquisitions and structured finance.
- The George Washington University Law School, J.D. (with Honors), 2008
- University of Maryland, College Park, B.A. (cum laude), 2004
- Represented Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC, BofA Securities, Inc., Barclays Capital Inc., Citigroup Global Markets Inc., J.P. Morgan Securities LLC, and Wells Fargo Securities, LLC as joint book-running managers in the $312 million follow-on public offering of class A common stock by Blackstone Mortgage Trust, Inc. ("BXMT"). Represented Barclays Capital Inc., BofA Securities, Inc., Deutsche Bank Securities Inc., J.P. Morgan Securities LLC, Wells Fargo Securities, LLC and Blackstone Securities Partners L.P. as joint book-running managers in the Rule 144A/Reg S offering of $400 million aggregate principal amount of BXMT’s 3.750% Senior Secured Notes due 2027.
- Represented Jefferies LLC, Goldman Sachs & Co. LLC, and UBS Securities LLC as joint book-running managers in the offering of $500 million of 6.250% Senior Secured Notes due 2028 by LSB Industries, Inc.
- Represented Jefferies LLC as sole book-running manager in the $200 million IPO of Software Acquisition Group Inc. III, a special purpose acquisition company.
- Represented Grab Holdings Inc. in its proposed approximately $40 billion merger with Altimeter Growth Corp., a special purpose acquisition company, and transition to being an SEC-registered, NASDAQ-listed company.
- Represented the Republic of Paraguay in the 144A/Reg S offering of its 2.739% Bonds due 2033 and 5.400% Bonds due 2050, and its concurrent "switch" cash tender offer for its outstanding 4.625% Bonds due 2023.
Engagement & Publications
- Published the article "SPACs and Latin America," co-authored with Carlos Lobo of Hughes Hubbard & Reed, published in Global Trade Magazine on May 7, 2021 and Brazilian newspaper O Estado de São Paulo on July 22, 2021.
- Participated as a panelist in the April 2021 webinar "Emerging Trends in Sustainable Financing in Latin America" with representatives of Suzano S.A., Credit Agricole CIB and the Sustainability Accounting Standard Board.