Frank Lopez is the Chair of Paul Hastings. Recognized as a leading capital markets and finance lawyer, Mr. Lopez has been ranked by Chambers Global, Chambers USA and Legal 500 for capital markets in each of the last 13 years and was included in The National Law Journal’s inaugural Trailblazers list, recognizing the nation’s leading lawyers in finance, banking & capital markets. He is a member of the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity and sits on the Board of Visitors of the Georgetown University Law Center.
- Recognized by Chambers USA and Chambers Global for Capital Markets: Debt & Equity (2010-2022)
- Recognized by Legal 500 US for Capital Markets and Finance (2009-2022)
- The National Law Journal’s Trailblazers list recognizing the nation’s leading lawyers in Finance, Banking & Capital Markets
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D.
- University of Florida, B.S.
With Highest Honors
Equity Capital Markets
- Represented Citigroup, JP Morgan, and RBC in the initial public offering of Five Point Holdings
- Represented Wells Fargo Securities, Baird, and Raymond James in the initial public offering of Mastercraft
- Represented Comtech in its public offering of common stock underwritten by Citigroup and Jefferies
- Represented Credit Suisse and Citigroup in the initial public offering and follow-on offerings of WCI Communities
- Represented Raymond James and Keefe Bruyette in the initial public offering of Alcentra
- Represented Raymond James, UBS, and Stifel in the follow-on offering of Casella Waste
- Represented an asset manager of business development companies in its initial public offering underwritten by Morgan Stanley and UBS
- Represented Pine Island Capital in the initial public offering of Pine Island Acquisition Corp.
- Represented Citigroup in the initial public offerings of Senior Connect and Sandbridge Acquisition Corp.
- Represented Jefferies in the initial public offerings of Healthcor Catalio, Clarim Acquisition and Bright Lights Acquisition as well as the ATM program for Regis Corp.
- Represented Credit Suisse in the initial public offerings of Global Synergy, Lux Healthtech and GO Acquisition.
- Represented Lexington Realty Trust in connection with various equity capital markets offerings.
- Representing investment banks, including Bank of America, Citigroup, Credit Suisse, Morgan Stanley, JP Morgan and UBS, as placement agent in dozens of PIPE offerings.
Debt Capital Markets, Leveraged Finance and Private Credit
- Represented investment banks and direct lenders in dozens of leveraged finance and private credit transactions for acquisitions by private equity sponsors, including AEA, Carlyle, Catterton, HIG, Jordan, Madison Dearborn, KKR, Thoma Bravo and TPG, including two of the three largest unitranche deals in history
- Represented Celgene in its offerings of over $10 billion of senior notes
- Represented JP Morgan Securities, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Citigroup, and Wells Fargo Securities in a $1 billion senior notes offering of PulteGroup
- Represented Bed Bath and Beyond in its debut bond offering of $1 billion of senior notes
- Represented Jefferies and Deutsche Bank Securities in the senior notes offering of Airxcel
- Represented Grifols Worldwide in its offerings of over $3 billion of senior notes
- Represented Citigroup in the offerings of bonds to finance the construction of Citi Field, the New York Mets Stadium
- Represented Partners Group and KKR Capital Markets in the offering of private senior notes to help finance the acquisition of Envision Healthcare
- Represented Citigroup and Morgan Securities in the senior notes offering of Five Point Holdings
- Represented Light Tower Rental, a portfolio company of Clairvest, in its debut high yield bond offering
- Represented Credit Suisse and Citigroup in the senior notes offering of WCI Communities
- Represented RBC in the senior notes offering of Allen Media
- Represented GIC, KKR Asset Management, Jefferies Finance Asset Management, and Goldman Sachs Asset Management in various private high yield and direct lending transactions
- Represented Flexential, a portfolio company of GI Partners, in its debut senior secured note offering
- Represented Jefferies, UBS and RBC in the senior secured notes offering of 99 Cents, a portfolio company of Ares
- Represented Jefferies, Deutsche Bank and BofA in the senior notes offering of Providence Health
- Represented NGL Energy Partners in a $2.5 billion offering of senior secured notes
- Represented Barclays and BBVA in the senior secured notes offering of Prime Healthcare
- Represented Jefferies in the senior secured notes offering of Tacora Resources
Liability Management and Out-of-Court Restructuring
- Represented Light Tower Rental in its out-of-court restructuring and Chapter 11 filing
- Represented hedge funds in the out-of-court restructuring of an entertainment company
- Represented credit funds in the out-of-court restructuring of an investment in a media company
- Represented Flexi-Van in the exchange offer of its senior secured notes
- Represented Blaze Recycling in its exchange offer of its senior secured notes
- Represented investment banks as dealer managers and solicitation agents in dozens of tender offers, exchange offers and consent solicitations