Hulka Lo is an associate in the Corporate practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s Hong Kong office. Her practice encompasses a wide range of corporate and commercial matters, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, and general banking.
Prior to joining Paul Hastings, Ms. Lo practiced at another international law firm. She has experience in advising leading banks and financial institutions on a variety of bilateral and syndicated, secured and unsecured lending transactions involving private companies, publicly-listed companies and real estate investment trusts (REITs). She also has experience in acting for local and international clients on acquisitions, disposals, and joint ventures, with particular emphasis on the real estate sector.
Ms. Lo is admitted to practice in Hong Kong. She is fluent in English, Cantonese, and Mandarin.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Laws (PCLL), University of Hong Kong (2010)
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB), University of Hong Kong (2009)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Law) (BBA(Law)), University of Hong Kong (2007)
Acquisitions and Investments
- Mapletree China Opportunity Fund II in its divestment of Mapletree Business City Shanghai and VivoCity Shanghai
- CDH Genetech Limited, part of the CDH Investments group, in its US$1.4 billion agreement to acquire all the issued shares of Sirtex Medical Limited, an Australian medical device company, through a Scheme of Arrangement
- Sino-Ocean Group, one of the largest real estate companies in China, in its US$95 million acquisition of Soho House, a boutique hotel and members’ club in Chicago’s Fulton Market neighborhood
Banking and Finance
- A PRC investment firm on a US$115 million term loan facility from a global leading bank
- A real estate fund on a RMB750 million term loan facility granted by a leading financial institution in Hong Kong to finance the acquisition of certain floors in a commercial building in Beijing
- Redsun Properties Group, a leading property developer in China, on its US$70 million term loan facility from a group of leading financial institutions.
- The mandated lead arranger in a EUR300 million term loan facility to a private fund managed by a leading PRC investment firm
Debt Capital Markets
- Redsun Properties Group, a leading property developer in China, on a series of USD notes issuance
- Sino-Ocean Land, one of the largest real estate companies in China, as the guarantor in relation to the issue by its wholly-owned subsidiary, Sino-Ocean Land Treasure IV Limited, on a series of USD bonds issuance
- Mingfa Group, a leading PRC investment company focused on property development, in its series of USD bonds issuance
- Various local Chinese government enterprises on their issuance of credit enhanced bonds supported by standby letters of credit
- Wuxi Nengda Thermoelectricity Co., Ltd., a state-owned enterprise in Wuxi City, Jiangsu Province, PRC, as the guarantor in the issuance of RMB750 million 4.2% credit enhanced guaranteed bonds due 2025 by Hongkong Yunlin International Co., Limited. The bonds are the first Shanghai Free Trade Zone bonds issued by an Issuer in Wuxi City, Jiangsu Province, listed on the Chongwa (Macao) Financial Asset Exchange
- The joint lead managers on a series of notes issuance by Seazen Group Limited (formerly known as Future Land Development Holdings), a Hong Kong-listed leading PRC property developer
- The joint lead managers on a series of notes issuance by New Metro Global Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Seazen Holdings (formerly known as Future Land Holdings), a property developer with its A shares listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange
- Member of the Law Society of Hong Kong