Jialing Xiong is a China associate at Paul Hastings and is based in the firm's Shanghai office. Ms. Xiong advises on clients’ operations in China regarding various corporate and compliance related matters, including cross-border corporate transactions, mergers and acquisitions in China, take-private transactions, compliance matters relating to FCPA, and internal investigations.
Ms. Xiong passed the bar examination in China in 2017, but does not hold a current practicing certificate. Ms. Xiong is fluent in English and Mandarin.
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University, LL.M., 2021
- East China University of Political Science and Law, LL.B., 2018
- Advised Proprium on the U.S. take-private transaction of New Frontier Health Corporation, an operator of premium healthcare services providers in China.
- Advising a global leading manufacturer of components on multiple acquisitions in mainland China.
- Advised a specialist private investment partnership on acquisition of a designer and producer of mission critical, passive circuit protection component
- Participated in compliance monitorship programs in connection with a leading investment fund’s equity investment across healthcare and real estate industries in China.
- Participated in internal investigations of a multinational business software corporation’s operations in Greater China in connection with whistleblower allegations, revenue recognition, and suspected fraudulent practices.
- Advised multiple global pharmaceutical and medical device companies in conducting internal compliance investigations regarding their business operations in China involving improper payments, off-label promotion, and embezzlement.
- Participated in representation of a PRC-based private equity fund in HKIAC arbitration in disputes arising from acquisition of a PRC subsidiary from a U.S.-listed company.