Kfir Abutbul is a partner in the Corporate department of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s Houston and New York offices. He serves as the Vice Chair of the Firm’s Energy & Infrastructure Practice, and leads the Firm’s efforts in connection with the Energy Transition initiative as the Chair of the multidisciplinary Energy Transition Team founded by the Firm in 2021. Mr. Abutbul’s practice focuses on advising financial sponsors, private equity funds and private credit funds. For these clients, Mr. Abutbul focuses on complex equity investments, including structured equity products (including participating and non-participating preferred equity, convertible securities, holdco PIK investments and related complex products), M&A and leveraged buyouts and joint ventures. Mr. Abutbul has particular expertise with energy and power, batteries and storage, renewable power and related infrastructure and chemical and other ancillary businesses.
In addition, Mr. Abutbul has also represented clients in a variety of other industries requiring significant expertise in complex structuring of equity investments, including in the software, healthcare, and industrial verticals.
Mr. Abutbul’s practice has significant reach in global markets, and he has represented clients in transactions involving global assets and locations beyond the United States, including the United Kingdom and elsewhere in Europe, Asia, Africa, Mexico, and his native Israel. He has been recognized in 2022 by The Legal 500 in the Energy: Renewable/Alternative Power and Private Equity Buyouts nationwide. He is a fluent speaker of English and Hebrew.
- Columbia Law School, J.D., 2010
- University College London, LL.B., 2010
- Oak Hill Advisors in connection with the $1.8 billion capital investment into Bluesource, in one of the largest ever sustainable forest platforms in the United States.
- Represent Guggenheim Partners in connection with multiple transactions involving complex debt and equity commitments, including preferred equity investments.
- Represented Sandbrook Capital in multiple transactions, including its formation.
- Oak Hill Advisors in connection with its $500 commitment of preferred equity to BlueSource.
- Morgan Stanley Private Credit in connection with multiple preferred equity transactions.
- Represented OnyxPoint Global Management in connection with its investments in Sable Permian Resources and related restructuring.
- White Oak Global Advisors in connection with multiple transactions.
- Irradiant Partners in connection with multiple transactions.
- Represented a consortium of multiple sponsors in connection with their preferred equity investment in veterinary business.
- Represented an undisclosed financial sponsor in its preferred equity commitments of over $500 million and debt commitments of over $100 million, in connection with the development and construction of multiple battery storage facilities in the United States.
- Represented a consortium of premier sponsors in connection with the recapitalization of Getronics and related new capital investments