Marc L. Soltau is an associate in the Global Finance practice at Paul Hastings, and based in the firm’s Frankfurt office. His practice focuses on German and cross-border acquisition finance. Apart from that, Mr. Soltau also has broad experience in real estate finance.
Mr. Soltau studied Law at Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, and Corporate & Financial Law at the University of Glasgow. He spent part of his legal clerkship in the Finance practice at Paul Hastings' New York office.
- Admission: Germany
- Higher Regional Court Frankfurt am Main, 2 St Exam 2020
- University of Glasgow Law, LL.M. Corporate & Financial Law 2017
- Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, 1 St Exam 2016
- Advised CONREN Land on the acquisition of the Hamburg commercial property "Neuer Hafenklang" from B&L Group. The office building has a rental area of around 4,700 square meters and is located not far from the Hamburg fish market.
- Advised Cara Real Estate on the acquisition of the Frankfurt commercial property Untermainkai 27-28 from Credit Europe Bank. The office building, located directly on the banks of the Main River, has a rental area of approx. 4,000 square meters.
- Advised the Danish brewery group Carlsberg on the acquisition of Wernesgrüner Brauerei from Bitburger Braugruppe by Carlsberg Germany. Wernesgrüner is one of the most traditional German beer brands. The roots of the brewery can be traced back to the 15th century. The current brewery, which has been part of Bitburger Braugruppe since 2002, has an annual capacity of around 1 million hectoliters.