Olga Belosludova is an associate in the Corporate practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s Tokyo office.
She is the first Russian national to pass the Japanese Bar (i.e., Japan-admitted), and she did so via the Yobi-Exam route.
She is fluent in English, Japanese and Russian.
- Awarded the "2021 Rookie-Of-The-Year Award" by the Quarterly Keiji-Bengo for successful defense in a criminal case
- The Legal 500 (individual recommendation) in Fintech (2022)
- The University of Tokyo Law School, J.D., 2021 (honored as magna cum laude)
- The Legal Training and Research Institute of the Supreme Court of Japan, 2018-2019
- Keio University, LL.B., 2017
- While attending law school, Ms. Belosludova worked as an English-Russian-Japanese translator in a number of criminal cases and assisted communications between lawyers and foreign suspects.
- After passing the Yobi-Exam, Ms. Belosludova worked at Hougakukan Co., Ltd. She was involved in several publications regarding amendment of Japanese Criminal Law, Japanese Civil Law, among others.
- While serving as a legal apprentice at the Legal Training and Research Institution of the Supreme Court, Ms. Belosludova also experienced internship at International Labour Organization (ILO).
- Ms. Belosludova gave presentation related to "cybersecurity for small businesses" as part of University of Southern California’s Bridges to Success Program in April 2021.
- Ms. Belosludova gave presentation on "Practical View on Japanese Labour Law" at Saint Petersburg University in May 2021.
- Ms. Belosludova has been appointed as an External Collaborator of the International Labour Organization in May 2021, and she has been proactively supporting the Responsible Supply Chains in Asia programme until May 2022.
Engagement & Publications
- "How to Judge Violation of Collective Bargaining," Labor Law Quarterly, no. 274, pp. 143-154 (2021).
- "Achievement in Working as a Defense Lawyer," Keiji-Bengo Quarterly, no. 105, pp. 15-19 (2021).
- Admitted to practice in Japan, Daini Tokyo Bar Association.