Tawnee Harker is an associate in the Financial Restructuring practice at Paul Hastings and is based in the Firm’s London office.
Ms. Harker focuses her practice on cross-border debt restructurings and special situations financings. She has represented creditors, debtors, and sponsors in complex cross-border capital structures from initial contingency planning and options analysis to implementation of a full restructuring workout. Her practice also encompasses advising lenders and borrowers on corporate and acquisition finance transactions, with a particular focus on stressed and distressed situations.
- BPP College of Professional Studies, Legal Practice L.P.C. 2008
- Newcastle University, LL. B. (Hons), 2007
- Acting for Hilong Holding Limited, an oilfield equipment manufacturer and service provider, on its offshore restructuring of U.S. dollar denominated notes by way of a Cayman Islands scheme of arrangement.
- Acting for China Fortune Land Development, a Chinese real estate developer, on the restructuring of the group’s US$4.96 billion offshore debt by way of an English scheme of arrangement.
- Acting for a security trustee in relation to an enforcement over certain aircraft and aircraft related rights.
- Acting for an ad hoc committee of unsecured bondholders in the restructuring of Intralot S.A., a Greek-based gaming group.
- Acting for an ad hoc committee of unsecured bondholders in the restructuring of Floatel International Limited.
- Acting for a group of lenders in providing growth financing to a global litigation funding business.
- Acting for the unitranche lenders in connection with the acquisition of Casual Dining Group.
- Acting for the lenders to Hemisphere International Properties B.V. with respect to the restructuring of its €750 million revolving credit facility.
- Acting for distressed companies with respect to liability management options for upcoming debt maturities and/or new money options in the context of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Acting for an ad hoc group of lenders in connection with the loan-to-own restructuring of German automotive business ATU.
- Acting for a senior lender in providing a liquidity facility against a ring-fenced asset of a European retailer in a distressed context.
- Acting for various distressed investment funds in relation to the provision of direct lending facilities to a range of U.K. and EU mid-market businesses, including an online gaming company, a maritime service provider, and a construction group. All transactions involved a combination of debt funding and innovative equity upside instruments.