PH FedACTion: Financial Regulatory Updates
Daily Financial Regulation Update -- Tuesday, July 11, 2023
July 11, 2023
FedACTion Task Force
Subscribe to PH FedACTion: Financial Regulatory Updates
Federal Reserve Board
Vice Chair Barr Speech: Holistic Capital Review
July 10, 2023
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (Federal Reserve) Vice Chair for Supervision Michael S. Barr gave a speech at the Bipartisan Policy Center entitled, "Holistic Capital Review."
Federal Reserve Bank of New York
Home Price Expectations Trend Higher While Short-Term Inflation Expectations Continue to Moderate
July 10, 2023
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York's Center for Microeconomic Data released the June 2023 Survey of Consumer Expectations, which shows that inflation expectations continued to fall at the short-term horizon, remained unchanged at the medium-term horizon, and increased somewhat at the longer-term horizon.
Blog: How Exposed Are U.S. Banks' Loan Portfolios to Climate Transition Risks?
July 10, 2023
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York published a Liberty Street Economics blog post entitled, "How Exposed Are U.S. Banks' Loan Portfolios to Climate Transition Risks?"
Commodity Futures Trading Commission
Market Risk Advisory Committee Meeting Statements
Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) Commissioners Kristin N. Johnson and Christy Goldsmith Romero gave statements at the meeting of the Market Risk Advisory Committee.
Commission adopts rules for implementing the Foreign Subsidies Regulation
July 10, 2023
The European Commission has adopted today the rules for implementing the Foreign Subsidies Regulation.
Eurobarometer: Europeans show strong support for the EU energy policy and for EU's response to Russia's invasion of Ukraine and more optimism regarding economy
July 10, 2023
The European Commission released the latest Standard Eurobarometer survey conducted in June 2023 which that EU citizens continue to back overwhelmingly the energy transition and to expect massive investment in renewables.
Bank of England
Speech: New prospects for money
July 10, 2023
Bank of England Governor Andrew Bailey gave a speech entitled, "New prospects for money."
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
- Vice Chair – Vacant (Vice Chair Leal Brainard resigned effective on or around February 20, 2023)
Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
- Comptroller – Vacant (Michael Hsu serves as Acting Comptroller)
Financial Crimes Enforcement Network
- Director – Vacant (Himamauli Das serves as Acting Director)
U.S. Department of the Treasury – Janet Yellen (effective January 26, 2021)
Federal Reserve Board – Jerome H. Powell (effective May 23, 2022)
- Vice Chair Phillip N Jefferson (nominated May 12, 2023)
- Vice Chair for Supervision Michael Barr (sworn in July 19, 2022)
- Governor Michelle W. Bowman (sworn in November 26, 2018)
- Governor Christopher J. Waller (sworn in December 18, 2020)
- Governor Lisa D. Cook (sworn in May 23, 2022)
- Governor Adriana Kugler (nominated May 12, 2023)
- Federal Reserve announces appointment of Joshua Gallin as Secretary of the Federal Open Market Committee (February 2, 2023)
- President Biden nominates Dr. Philip Jefferson for Vice Chair and Dr. Adriana Kugler to serve as a Member on the Federal Reserve Board, and renominates Dr. Lisa Cook for an additional full term as Member (May 12, 2023)
Federal Reserve Bank of New York – John C. Williams (effective June 18, 2018)
- Vincent Alvarez designated Chair of Federal Reserve Bank of New York Board of Directors; Rosa Gil designated Deputy Chair (January 10, 2023)
- Pat Wang appointed as a Class C Director to Federal Reserve Bank of New York Board of Directors (January 10, 2023)
- Federal Reserve Bank of New York names Roberto Perli SOMA Manager (February 2, 2023)
- Cali Brooks and Miguel Soto-Class appointed to Federal Reserve Bank of New York Community Advisory Board (April 4, 2023)
- Federal Reserve Bank of New York names Mihaela Nistor as Chief Risk Officer and Head of the Risk Group (May 31, 2023)
- Federal Reserve Bank of New York names Beverly Hirtle as Research Advisor and begins search for new Director of Research (June 6, 2023)
- Aisha Benson appointed to the Federal Reserve Bank of New York Community Advisory Group (June 20, 2023)
Federal Reserve Bank of Boston – Susan M. Collins (effective July 1, 2022)
- Federal Reserve Bank of Boston announces 2023 Board of Directors (January 10, 2023)
- Federal Reserve Bank of Boston announces new external advisory council members (April 10, 2023)
- Federal Reserve Bank of Boston names Egon Zakrajšek as Director of Economic Research (May 17, 2023)
Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation – Martin Gruenberg (effective January 5, 2023)
- Vice Chairman Travis Hill (sworn in January 5, 2023)
- Director Jonathan McKernan (sworn in January 5, 2023)
- Director Michael Hsu (Acting Comptroller of the Currency)
- Director Rohit Chopra (Director of Consumer Financial Protection Bureau)
- FDIC announces senior leadership changes in Division of Risk Management Supervision (January 26, 2023)
- FDIC names three bankers to Minority Depository Institutions Subcommittee (May 25, 2023)
- FDIC names eight new members to Advisory Committee on Community Banking (May 26, 2023)
Office of the Comptroller of the Currency – Michael Hsu (acting Comptroller, effective May 10, 2021)
- OCC announces Deputy Comptroller for Systemic Risk Identification and Support (January 11, 2023)
- Kristen Baldwin named OCC Chief Information Officer (February 8, 2023)
Securities and Exchange Commission – Gary Gensler (effective April 17, 2021)
- SEC announces appointment of Cristina Martin Firvida as Investor Advocate (January 10, 2023)
- Paul Munter named Chief Accountant (January 11, 2023)
- Erik Gerding named Director of Division of Corporation Finance (January 13, 2023)
- Silvestre Fontes named Director of Boston Regional Office (January 25, 2023)
- Cicely LaMothe named Deputy Director, Disclosure Operations, for the Division of Corporation Finance (February 14, 2023)
- SEC appoints Deborah J. Jeffrey as Inspector General (April 17, 2023)
- Eric R. Werner named Director of Fort Worth Regional Office (April 25, 2023)
Commodity Futures Trading Commission – Rostin Behnam (effective December 17, 2021)
- Commissioner Pham announces members of the CFTC's Global Markets Advisory Committee (January 12, 2023)
- CFTC Commissioner Pham announces additional staff appointment (February 7, 2023)
- Chairman Behnam announces veteran Federal prosecutor Ian McGinley as Enforcement Director (February 28, 2023)
- Commissioner Goldsmith Romero announces Yevgeny Shrago as Senior Counsel and Policy Advisor (April 14, 2023)
- CFTC Appoints Jeffrey Sutton as Executive Director (April 18, 2023)
Consumer Financial Protection Bureau – Rohit Chopra (effective October 12, 2021)
National Credit Union Administration – Todd M. Harper (effective January 20, 2021)
Small Business Administration – Isabella Casillas Guzman (effective March 16, 2021)
- Senate confirms Dilwar Syed as Deputy Administrator for the U.S. Small Business Administration (June 8, 2023)
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development – Marcia Fudge (effective March 10, 2021)
Federal Housing Finance Agency – Sandra L. Thompson (effective June 22, 2022)
U.S. Department of Education – Dr. Miguel Cardona (effective March 2, 2021)
PH Client Alerts
Click here to read more from our Coronavirus series.
Click here to view the full text of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act (the "CARES Act"), Enacted March 27, 2020.
Click here to view the full text of the Paycheck Protection Program Increase Act of 2020, Enacted April 24, 2020.
Click here to view the full text of the Paycheck Protection Program Flexibility Act of 2020, Enacted June 5, 2020.
Click here to view the full text of the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021, Enacted December 27, 2020.
Click here to view the full text of the American Rescue Plan of 2021, Enacted March 11, 2021.
Click here to view the full text of the PPP Extension Act of 2021, Enacted March 30, 2021.
Click here to view a running list of proposed legislation from the Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs, Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship, House Committee on Financial Services, and House Committee on Small Business.