Partner, Corporate Department
David Prowse is a partner in the corporate M&A practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s London office. He has a broad corporate M&A practice involving a wide range of corporate transactions including public and private mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and private equity transactions, as well as general corporate and commercial advisory matters.
- Kings College London, Law LLB, 2009
- BPP Law School, Legal Practice Course, 2010
City Football Group Limited, the owner and operator of football clubs, with total or partial ownership of clubs in eight major cities across the world: Manchester City in the UK, New York City FC in the US, Melbourne FC in Australia, Yokohama F. Marinos in Japan, Club Atletico Torque in Uruguay, Girona Futbol Club in Spain, Sichuan Jiuniu FC in China and Mumbai City Football Club in India on:
- the investment by a consortium of high-profile Chinese institutional investors led by China Media Capital in 2015; and
- the investment by U.S. private equity firm Silver Lake, which saw Silver Lake invest $500 million for just over 10% of the company’s post-investment equity, valuing the business at approximately $4.8 billion.
NJJ Telecom on its €3.2 billion acquisition of eir, the leading Irish telecommunications company, and the associated co-investment arrangements entered into between NJJ, Iliad SA, Anchorage Capital, and Davidson Kemper
Monaco Telecom, the incumbent telecommunications provider in the Principality of Monaco, on its:
- €250 million acquisition of Vodafone Malta, the Maltese mobile network operator; and
- €260 million acquisition of MTN Cyprus, the fastest growing mobile and fixed operator in Cyprus.
Abry Partners, the leading private equity firm, on its:
- €350 million disposal of Basefarm Holding AS, a leading European player in cloud-based infrastructure and services, to the Orange Group, the multinational telecommunications group; and
- Disposal of a majority of shares in AddSecure, a leading European provider of premium solutions for secure data and critical communications, to Castik Capital, the European private equity firm.
Oakley Capital, the mid-market private equity investor, on its:
- Investment in Alessi S.p.A, the iconic Italian high-end design business focussed on homeware products; and
- Acquisition of Ekon, the Spanish provider of business software.
Strategic Industrial Capital Partners, the energy focused private equity firm, on its investments into Central American Resources Limited, Magma Global Limited, M-Flow Technologies, Woodlands Energy Services and Sendero Drilling Company LLC.
Other representative experience includes advising:
- COSCO, the Chinese shipping and port company, on its $1 billion acquisition of a 67% stake in Piraeus Port as part of the Hellenic Republic’s high-profile privatisation programme.
- Hilton Hotels on a number of corporate matters.
- Starwood Capital on its joint venture with Tunstall Real Estate Management to implement the acquisition of U.K. social housing regeneration company, Pinnacle Group Limited.
- Aman Resorts, the luxury hotel group, on a number of confidential transactions.
- Aalto Invest Holding AG and its owners on the disposal of Aalto Invest Holding AG, a U.S. and Europe-based real estate-focused investment manager with US$1.7 billion of funds under management, to Man Group plc.
- Filtration Group, an affiliate of Chicago-based Madison Industries, on the £220 million acquisition of the Porous Technologies business of UK-based industrial group Essentra plc.
David completed a secondment in 2015 at Gulf Related, the Abu Dhabi-based real estate developer, manager, and operator, formed as a joint venture between Gulf Capital and Related Companies.
Mr. Prowse is recommended in The Legal 500, UK (Corporate/M&A: High-End Capability – London).