Paul Hastings Again Ranks Highly in Chambers Latin America
New York – Once again Paul Hastings LLP and its lawyers are top-ranked in Chambers Latin America. The 2023 edition ranks the firm in Project Finance (Band 1), Banking & Finance (Band 2), Capital Markets (Band 2), and a new Band 3 ranking in Corporate Crime & Investigations.
Ten Paul Hastings lawyers are individually ranked by Chambers Latin America, including two newly ranked lawyers.
Project Finance – Band 1
Greg Tan: Band 1
Alexandro Padres: Band 3
Elicia Ling: Band 4
Thomas Sines: Up and Coming
Maria Leonor Tobia: Up and Coming (new ranking)
Banking & Finance – Band 2
Michael Fitzgerald: Band 1
Joy Gallup: Band 5
Capital Markets – Band 2
Michael Fitzgerald: Band 1
Cathleen McLaughlin: Band 3
Arturo Carrillo: Band 4
Joy Gallup: Band 4
Corporate Crime & Investigations – Band 3
Bryan Parr: Band 3 (new ranking)
The firm’s top practice and individual Chambers Latin America rankings are the latest in a series of accolades for the Paul Hastings Latin America practice and its many recent successes, including:
- The firm was Highly Recommended in the 2022 Latin Lawyer 250, a guide to the leading business law firms of Latin America.
- The firm advised on two award-winning deals at Latin Lawyer’s 16th annual Deal of the Year Awards for Project Finance: Energy and Natural Resources and Restructuring.
- The firm was ranked in Legal500’s Latin America guide in Banking and Finance, Capital Markets, Corporate and M&A, and Projects and Energy.
- The firm was ranked by Latinvex among the top 3 international law firms operating in Latin America while Arturo Carrillo, Michael Fitzgerald, Joy Gallup, Cathleen McLaughlin and Pedro Reyes were recognized by Latinvex among Latin America's Top 100 Lawyers of 2022.
- The firm advised on two transactions that were honored at the 2021 IJGlobal Awards, including:
- Power Deal of the Year: Project Gatun
- Petrochemicals Deal of the Year: Braskem Idesa refinancing
- The firm advised on three transactions that were honored at the 2021 LatinFinance Project and Infrastructure Awards:
- Airport Financing of the Year: The Lima Airport Expansion Financing
- Infrastructure Financing of the Year: EnfraGen’s US$1,76 Billion Financing
- Local Currency Financing of the Year: Puerta de Hiero’s Social Bond
- The Infrastructure and Energy Team was again named a “Band 1” team for LatAm by Chambers.
About Paul Hastings
With widely recognized elite teams in finance, mergers & acquisitions, private equity, restructuring and special situations, litigation, employment and real estate, Paul Hastings is a premier law firm providing superior intellectual capital and execution globally to the world’s leading investment banks, asset managers and corporations.