Six Paul Hastings Attorneys Named to Latin America’s 2022 Top 100 Lawyers by Latinvex
New York – Paul Hastings LLP, a leading global law firm, announced today that six lawyers were recognized among Latin America's Top 100 Lawyers of 2022 by Latinvex, a leading Latin America business publication.
Paul Hastings partners also appeared on five of the seven Key Category lists by Latinvex, specifically:
- Banking & Finance: Michael Fitzgerald, Robert Kartheiser
- Capital Markets: Arturo Carrillo, Michael Fitzgerald, Joy Gallup, Cathleen McLaughlin, Pedro Reyes
- Corporate/M&A: Arturo Carrillo, Joy Gallup
- Energy: Robert Kartheiser
- Project Finance: Robert Kartheiser, Cathleen McLaughlin
The recognition from Latinvex marks the latest in a series of accolades for the firm’s Latin America practice, which was ranked in the Top 3 of Latinvex’s 2022 list of top international law firms operating in the LatAm region.
Other recent recognitions for the practice include:
- The firm advised on two award-winning deals at Latin Lawyer’s 16th annual Deal of the Year Awards:
- Project finance: energy and natural resources: Project Gatun
- Restructuring: Avianca emerges from Chapter 11 process
- The firm was ranked in Legal500’s Latin America guide in Banking and Finance, Capital Markets, Corporate and M&A, and Projects and Energy.
- The firm advised on two transactions that were honored at the 2021 IJGlobal Awards, including:
- Power Deal of the Year: Project Gatun
- Petrochemicals Deal of the Year: Braskem Idesa Refinancing
- The firm advised on three transactions that were honored at the 2021 LatinFinance Project and Infrastructure Awards:
- Airport Financing of the Year: The Lima Airport Expansion Financing
- Infrastructure Financing of the Year: EnfraGen’s US$1,76 Billion Financing
- Local Currency Financing of the Year: Puerta de Hiero’s Social Bond
- The Infrastructure and Energy Team was again named a “Band 1” team for LatAm by Chambers.
- Latin Lawyer recognized the EnfraGen Refinancing as “Project Finance Deal of the Year.”
Dedicated to helping the world’s leading Wall Street and global investment banks, asset managers and corporations achieve their business and legal goals, Paul Hastings is a premier global finance law firm with elite teams in finance, mergers and acquisitions, private equity and litigation. We are one of only a handful of law firms ranked across multiple core finance areas including: structured credit, leveraged finance, private credit, capital markets and real estate finance.
Our unmatched client service has helped us become one of the legal profession’s most admired firms, known for a diverse and highly collaborative culture that delivers innovative solutions.