Ali Rabbani is Of Counsel in the complex litigation practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm's Century City office. His practice focuses on high-stakes complex commercial litigation in federal and state courts, with an emphasis on consumer and data privacy class actions. Mr. Rabbani has successfully tried cases on both the plaintiff and defense side in state and federal courts, and arbitration. Mr. Rabbani is also a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US).
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 2007
- Johns Hopkins University, B.A., 2003
- Represented Thoroughbred racetracks in two matters arising from the decision to ban a Hall of Fame racehorse trainer when six horses under his care suffered fatal injuries.
- Represented a global television manufacturer in a data privacy class action alleging violation of the Video Privacy Protection Act (VPPA) in addition to other federal, state, and common law privacy claims.
- Represented an investment fund in a securities class action relating to its investment in an oral vaccine manufacturer.
- Represented an energy company in a professional negligence dispute against its contractor relating to the construction of one of the largest wastewater treatment facilities in the world.
- Secured a $42.5 million verdict for a California-based distributor of home comfort products in a federal lawsuit against one of the world's largest manufacturers of air conditioners and dehumidifiers—among the largest trial verdicts in California that year.
- Represented a national diagnostic laboratory chain in antitrust class action.
*Matters may have been completed before joining Paul Hastings.