Alon Blitz is an associate in the Finance and Leveraged Finance practices at Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s London office. His practice focuses on UK and cross-border acquisition finance and restructuring and real estate finance.
Mr. Blitz graduated from Queen Mary, University of London with a First Class Honours LL.B in 2011 and successfully completed the legal practice course at the University of Law in 2012.
- Awarded the Paul Hastings Pro Bono Innovator of the Year Award for assisting in the firm’s collaborative partnership with the Youth Justice Legal Centre of Just for Kids Law, a leading UK charity. The Paul Hastings team assisting Just for Kids Law was also shortlisted for the Law Society Excellence Awards 2019: Access to Justice Award.
- Alon was a part of the Paul Hastings team that was awarded the Loan Deal of the Year Award at the International Financial Law Review Europe Awards 2019.
Mr. Blitz’s experience includes acting for:
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Barclays, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs, Mizuho, Morgan Stanley, Natwest, Nomura and RBC as arrangers on a $3 billion financing package for Bain Capital’s acquisition of a majority stake in Kantar from British multinational advertising and public relations firm WPP.
- Credit Suisse, Godman Sachs and Citibank as arrangers and underwriters in relation to the £2.5 billion first lien/second lien financing of Advent International’s public-to-private bid to acquire Cobham plc.
- Oakley Capital on a $130 million drawn committed senior facility financing in respect of its acquisition of maritime e-learning businesses Seagull and Videotel.
- Barings Global Advisers Limited in respect of a second lien financing supporting the acquisition of PhysIOL Group SA by BVI (Beaver-Visitec International)
- Goldman Sachs, Citigroup, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Lloyds and RBS as arrangers in respect of the financing for Advent International’s £1.2 billion public-to-private acquisition of UK electronic and technology business Laird plc.
- second lien investors in respect of the privately placed second lien facility to finance Hellman & Friedman’s €5.3 billion public-to-private acquisition of Nets A/S.
- Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, HSBC, JPMorgan, BNP Paribas, and Lloyds as arrangers in respect of €900 million of senior facilities to finance the acquisition of IPH Group by Brammer, a portfolio company of Advent International.
- Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, and HSBC as arrangers in respect of the financing for Advent International and Bain Capital’s €700m acquisition of German payment services business Concardis.
- The Royal Bank of Scotland, Bank of Ireland, Lloyds, and NIBC as arrangers in respect of the financing for Vitruvian Partners’ acquisition of UK-based services and technology company Phlexglobal.
- Lloyds, ING, and HSBC as arrangers in respect of financing for the UK public to private acquisition of Brammer plc by Advent International.
- A sovereign wealth fund in relation to a $160 million holdco PIK facility for a Bermuda based satellite communications company owned by a top tier European private equity sponsor.
- European Capital in relation to €40 million term and capex facility for BlueGem Capital Partner’s acquisition of DMC and Wool and the Gang.
- European Capital in relation to a £37 million term and revolving facility for Palatine’s acquisition of UK house builder Westleigh Homes.
- Alliance Bernstein in relation to a unitranche financing and equity investment for a UK-headquartered payroll systems company.
- Bank of Ireland, BNP Paribas, HSBC, ING, Rabobank, Royal Bank of Scotland, and Société Générale as arrangers and underwriters of the £375 million refinancing of the Pret A Manger group.
- Royal Bank of Scotland as facility agent and security agent on the amendment and restatement of the senior facilities provided to the Worldpay Group.
- HSBC, Lloyds, Société Générale, and Unicredit on the financing of Cinven’s acquisition of the internet domain and hosting company Host Europe Group.
- NatWest and Nomura Arrange Financing for Ancala Partners and Fiera Infrastructure’s Acquisition of Augean plc - December 2nd, 2021
- Paul Hastings Practices and Lawyers Recognized for Excellence in Legal 500 United Kingdom 2022 - October 1st, 2021
- US aerospace and defence supplier Cobham acquires UK rival Ultra Electronics - August 18th, 2021
- Oakley Capital acquires PRIMAVERA - June 22nd, 2021
- $1.6 Billion Financing Announced for Nordic Capital’s Acquisition of ADVANZ PHARMA - April 7th, 2021
- Investcorp acquires Sanos Group - December 16th, 2020
- Autopista al Mar 2 Secures $652 Million, Dual-Tranche, Dual Currency Project Financing - August 1st, 2019
- £2.5 Billion Financing Announced for Advent’s Acquisition of Cobham - July 25th, 2019
- Oakley Capital Finances Acquisition of Seagull and Videotel with Unitranche Loan from EQT - July 16th, 2019
- BVI Acquires Ophthalmic Company PhysIOL from TA Associates - March 7th, 2019
- Madison Energy, a Division of Madison Industries, Acquires the Centek Group - February 9th, 2018
- Helios Towers Africa Completes Debut $600 Million Bond Issue - March 10th, 2017
- New Revolving Credit Facility for Brammer plc in Connection With Acquisition by Advent - November 23rd, 2016