Alyssa K. Tapper
Associate, Litigation Department
Los AngelesPhone: 1(213) 683-6194
Alyssa Tapper is an associate in the Litigation practice and is based in the firm's Los Angeles office. Ms. Tapper's practice focuses on complex commercial litigation and securities litigation. Ms. Tapper represents a wide range of companies across numerous industries in federal and state courts in matters involving, for example, contractual and other business disputes, fraud, and securities law violations. She has significant experience representing clients in all stages of litigation through trial, including the preparation and management of initial pleadings, dispositive motions, discovery, depositions, trial briefs, and post‑trial motions. Additionally, Ms. Tapper has experience representing clients in investigations initiated by the SEC.
Ms. Tapper earned her J.D. from the University of Southern California Gould School of Law, graduating Order of the Coif. During law school, she participated and advanced in the Hale Moot Court Honors Program, where she received the Barger & Wolen Written Advocacy Award for Best Petitioner's Brief and served as Topic Editor. Ms. Tapper was also chosen to be a member of the National Moot Court Team and held a supervisory role at the USC Small Business Clinic. She graduated magna cum laude at Chapman University, receiving a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration.
Ms. Tapper is admitted to practice law in California.
- Representing a multi-billion dollar real estate company in a contractual dispute regarding the purchase and sale of numerous hotel assets.
- Representing a cryptocurrency company and its former officers in a shareholder class action for violation of the federal securities laws.
- Representing a foreign company in an ICC arbitration arising out of a joint venture dispute.
- Successfully represented a cryptocurrency company against purported indemnification claims pursuant to security purchase agreements, resulting in complete dismissal on a motion to dismiss and an award of attorneys’ fees.
- Represented a CFO of a global apparel and footwear company in an SEC investigation involving claims of alleged improper recording of the value of indefinite-lived intangible assets and successfully eliminated all scienter‑based violations.
- Represented a CFO of an information technology company in an SEC investigation in connection with purported improper accounting practices, internal control failures, and premature recognition of revenue, which resulted in the elimination of all scienter-based violations.
- Represented a life-sciences company in connection with California tort and fraud-based claims.