Amran Hanif is an associate in the London office of Paul Hastings.
He represents managers and sponsors on the structuring and establishment of private investment funds investing in a range of alternative investment strategies including private equity, debt, infrastructure and real estate. He also advises on the carried interest and co-investment arrangements associated with such funds.
Drawing on his transactional background with financial institutions, a significant portion of his practice involves advising clients on secondary transactions, GP-led restructurings and co-investments, working closely with the corporate, banking and tax teams.
He also represents institutional investors, including pension funds, sovereign wealth funds and insurance companies on their global investment programs.
- University of Glasgow, Law (LLB – Hons)
- Represented Pantheon Ventures on primary investments, co-investments, secondary transactions (buy and sell) and GP-led restructurings, including:
- Acquisition of five European renewable and concession-based assets in Marguerite GP-led deal;
- Avenue Capital Group GP-led deal; and
- Tender offer of interests in Lyceum Capital (now Horizon Capital)
- Represented Idinvest on the tender offer of interests with Pantheon Ventures in Lyceum Capital (now Horizon Capital) and on its participation as the cornerstone investor in Three Hills Capital Solutions I & II
- Represented Janus Henderson (formerly Henderson Global Investors) on the transfer of mandates and fund interests in relation to the transfer of its property management business to a new global joint venture with TIAA
- Represented Aviva Investors on the establishment of Aviva Investors UK Commercial Real Estate Senior Debt Fund
- Represented Columbia Threadneedle on the establishment of multiple estate funds, in partnership with Citi, collectively holding over £1.5bn of assets
- Represented InfraRed Capital Partners on the establishment of a yield fund that raised over £500m to acquire a fully seeded and diversified portfolio of operational infrastructure assets
- Represented Ventiga Capital Partners on the creation of the management company (including the investment sourcing and advisory agreement with LGT) and the establishment of two deal-by-deal funds for two transactions
- Represented Foundation Investment Partners on the establishment of their private equity business and subsequent launch of private equity focussed funds
- Represented one of the largest UK Pension Schemes on two separate portfolio sales of private equity / venture capital fund interests to a total of eight different buyers for approximately US$650m
- Represented West Midlands Pension Fund on the sale of a portfolio of private fund interests to Lexington Capital Partners
- Represented the Trustees of the Kodak Pension Scheme on the sale of a portfolio of private fund interests to three institutional buyers
- Represented KIKRBI A/S (the family office which owns Lego) on its European real estate and private equity investment program
- Represented Russell Investments on its primary investment and GP-led restricting investment program, including the restructuring of its interest in the Abraaj Growth Markets Health Fund
- Represented a Saudi sovereign wealth fund on its global primary, co-investment and secondary investment program
- Law Society of England