Andrew Tenzer is a partner in the Finance and Restructuring practices at Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s New York office. Mr. Tenzer represents lenders, troubled companies, and buyers and sellers of distressed assets in Chapter 11 reorganizations and in out-of-court and cross-border restructurings. He also has substantial experience in non-insolvency related syndicated financings, securitizations, and structured finance transactions.
Mr. Tenzer was named by Global Insolvency & Restructuring Review as one of the top "40 under 40" international restructuring professionals in the world. He is the former Chairman of the New York City Bar Association’s Bankruptcy & Reorganization Division’s Committee on Cross-Border Restructurings and Chapter 15.
- Fordham Law School, J.D., 1990
- Harvard University, B.A., 1986
- Wells Fargo, as agent for the prepetition and DIP lenders, in the chapter 11 and CCAA cases of Bumble Bee Foods LLC
- Citibank, N.A., as agent for the prepetition and DIP lenders, the chapter 11 cases of Arsenal Resources Development LLC
- Barclays PLC, as agent for the prepetition and DIP lenders, in the chapter 11 cases of Mattress Firm, Inc.
- Truist, as successor to SunTrust, as agent for the lenders in the UK administration and CCAA proceedings of Kew Media Group
- Bank of America, as agent for the senior secured lenders, in the chapter 11 cases of Open Road Films LLC
- Bank of America, as agent for the senior secured lenders, in the chapter 11 cases of The Weinstein Companies LLC
- White Oak Global Advisors LLC, as agent for the prepetition lenders, DIP lenders, and credit bidder, in the chapter 11 cases of Epic Companies, LLC
- Royal Bank of Canada, as agent for the pre-petition lenders and DIP lenders, in the chapter 11 restructuring of GST AutoLeather, Inc.
- The Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors for the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico and certain other government instrumentalities in their restructurings under the Puerto Rico Oversight, Management, and Economic Stability Act.
- Barclays, as DIP lender to Toys R Us.
- Great American Capital Partners, as agent, in the restructuring of loans to Sears Canada.
- Great American Capital Partners, as agent, in the restructuring of loans to RadioShack/General Wireless.
- Royal Bank of Canada, as agent, in the $3.5 billion exit financing for chapter 11 debtor Energy Futures Intermediate Holdings
- Royal Bank of Canada, as agent for the RBL lenders in the restructuring and chapter 11 cases of SandRidge Energy, Inc. and its affiliates
- Morgan Stanley Senior Funding, as agent for the ABL lenders in the chapter 11 cases of CHC Group, Inc. and its affiliates
- UBS, as agent for the revolving lenders in the restructuring and chapter 11 cases of Southcross Holdings and its affiliates
- Wells Fargo, in the chapter 11 cases of Allied Nevada Gold Corp. and its affiliates
- Great American Capital Partners, as term loan agent and lender in the chapter 11 cases of Hancock Fabrics and its affiliates
- Royal Bank of Canada, as agent for first lien lenders in the chapter 11 cases of Transtar Holding Corporation and its affiliates
- Royal Bank of Canada, in the chapter 11 cases of Breitburn Energy Partners and its affiliates
- Royal Bank of Canada, in the chapter 11 cases of Chaparral Energy and its affiliates
- Deutsche Bank, Morgan Stanley, and other arrangers of over $6 billion in DIP and exit financings for American Airlines, Inc.
- Essar Global Fund Ltd., as plan sponsor and DIP lender, in the restructuring and Chapter 11 cases of Trinity Coal Corporation
- Royal Bank of Canada in numerous out-of-court restructurings in the United States
- AIG, DDJ Capital Management, Goldentree, and Bennett Management, as secured creditors and DIP lenders, in the prepackaged Chapter 11 reorganization of Haights Cross Communication
- Dekabank, as agent, in the Chapter 11 reorganization of Parking Company of American Airports
- LBBW, as first lien agent, in the Chapter 11 reorganization of Las Vegas mall owner FX Luxury Las Vegas I, LLC
- Deutsche Bank as agent to lenders for BMCA, a subsidiary of bankrupt G-I Holdings
- Credit Suisse as agent for DIP lenders to Quebecor World Inc. in its U.S. and Canadian reorganization proceedings
- HypoVereinsbank, as senior secured lender, in connection with the Chapter 11 case of a major New York hotel
- DeutscheBank, as agent, in the foreclosure of the Cosmopolitan hotel
- GT Advanced Technologies in its Chapter 11 proceedings
- Urbi, one of the three largest homebuilders in Mexico, in its ongoing debt restructuring and concurso proceeding
- Consortium of 12 of the largest technology companies in the world, organized by Intellectual Ventures and RPX Corporation, in the acquisition and licensing of Chapter 11 debtor Eastman Kodak Company’s digital imaging patents
- Chapter 11 Trustee in the cases of hedge fund manager GSC Group, Inc.
- Wachovia Bank, N.A. as agent for the senior secured and DIP lenders to Chesapeake Corp.
- WorldSpace, Inc. in its Chapter 11 reorganization
- Dycom, Inc. as acquirer of Chapter 11 debtor Southern Cable Services
- Tembec Inc., a Canadian paper manufacturer, in its proceedings under Chapter 15 of the Bankruptcy Code
- Delphi Corp., as co-counsel on DIP financing matters, in its Chapter 11 case
- SAVVIS Communications, a leading global information technology utility provider, in its acquisition of the assets of Chapter 11 debtor Cable & Wireless USA, Inc.
- Dycom, Inc. as stalking horse bidder for assets of Chapter 11 debtor Orius Corp.
- Showtime Networks in the bankruptcy of boxer Mike Tyson
- Siemens Energy & Automation in connection with its acquisition of Chapter 11 debtor Acuity Cimatrix
- Siemens Energy & Automation in connection with its acquisition of Chapter 11 debtor Robicon Corporation
- Spiegel Inc. and Eddie Bauer Inc., major U.S. and international retail and catalog merchants, in their Chapter 11 reorganizations
- XOMA Acquires Royalty and Milestone Interest in Checkmate’s Vidutolimod from Kuros Biosciences - July 19th, 2021
- XOMA and Viracta Therapeutics Announce Multi-License Milestone and Royalty Monetization Transaction - March 23rd, 2021
- Echostar Provides Financing for Globalstar, Inc. - December 4th, 2019
- Bumble Bee Receives $200 Million Credit Facility from Wells Fargo - November 25th, 2019
- Barclays Provides Financing in Conjunction with Mattress Firm’s Chapter 11 Emergence - November 26th, 2018
- Barclays Provides Financing for Mattress Firm - October 11th, 2018
- Barclays Provides Financing for Mattress Firm Credit Facility - December 26th, 2017
- Crestwood Equity Partners LP And Crestwood Midstream Partners LP Announce $7.5 Billion Merger - May 6th, 2015
- Paul Hastings Adds Prominent Restructuring Partner in New York - March 12th, 2014
- Triumph for Trademark Licensees: Supreme Court Says Right to Use Trademarks Following Debtor’s Rejection of Licensing Agreement Is Determined By Non-Bankruptcy Law - May 29th, 2019
- Marblegate Decision Overturned by the Second Circuit Court of Appeals - January 18th, 2017
- Are Buyers of Assets Acquired from Debtors in Section 363 Bankruptcy Sales Protected from Product Liability Claims? - July 27th, 2016
- Delaware Bankruptcy Court Refuses to Dismiss Chapter 11 Case Despite Existence of Secured Lender’s “Golden Share” in Debtor’s Delaware LLC Agreement: Could Bankruptcy-Remote Structures Be at Risk? - June 16th, 2016
- RadioShack – Bankruptcy Court Implicitly Recognizes Enforceability of Agreement Among Lenders But Limits Coverage of First Out Contingent Indemnification Claims - May 8th, 2015
Engagement & Publications
- Are Buyers of Assets Acquired From Debtors in 363 Sales Protected From Product Liability Claims?, Pratt’s Journal of Bankruptcy Law, November/December 2016
- RBC Capital Markets' Global Energy and Power Executive Conference, "Down and Dirty of Bankruptcy, Credit Risk and Landscape," June 2016
- "Second Circuit Holds that Federal Reserve Bank of NY Was Not Subject to State Law Fiduciary Duty Claim for Actions During Financial Crisis," February 7, 2014
- "S.D.N.Y. Bankruptcy Court Finds That Claims Against Lehman Brothers Inc. Related to Bilateral Repurchase Transactions Do Not Qualify for Customer Status," August 5, 2013
- "Two Recent Circuit Court Decisions on Cram Down," June 28, 2013
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Association of Commercial Finance Attorneys
- Chairman, New York City Bar Association’s Bankruptcy & Reorganization Division’s Committee on Cross-Border Restructurings and Chapter 15