Bianca G. Ponziani is an associate in the Privacy and Cybersecurity practice and is based in the firm's New York office. Her practice focuses on assessing privacy & cybersecurity risks in corporate transactions and advising clients on a range of privacy and data security laws, regulations, and self-regulatory frameworks, including the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), CAN-SPAM, and the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
Bianca routinely advises clients across industries in investigating and responding to data breaches by working closely with outside cyber forensics experts, assessing and fulfilling reporting obligations, engaging with law enforcement, and responding to regulatory inquiries.
During her legal studies, Bianca was a summer research fellow at the Max Planck Institute for the Study of Religious and Ethnic Diversity, and interned with the Law, Patents, & Compliance team of a major pharmaceutical company. Before law school, Bianca was the intellectual property intern at a global health initiative.
- Teleperformance Group Acquires Senture - December 28th, 2021
- Trusted Media Brands Announces Acquisition of Jukin Media to Form Multi-Faceted Digital Media Company - August 12th, 2021
- H.I.G Capital Sells Whitney Bradley & Brown to Serco for $295 Million - February 17th, 2021
- SPH Analytics Population Health Division and Azara Healthcare Merge to Create a Leading Population Health Company - December 22nd, 2020
- Saba Software To Be Acquired by Cornerstone OnDemand for $1.4 Billion - February 25th, 2020
- Tilray and Privateer Holdings Sign Definitive Agreement - September 12th, 2019
- SEC Proposes New Rules Aimed at Mitigating Cyber Risk - February 14th, 2022
- California DOJ Announces a Third Set of Proposed Modifications to the CCPA Regulations - October 14th, 2020
- January 1, 2022, Extension of CCPA’s HR and B2B Carve-Outs Signed into Law - October 8th, 2020
- PH COVID-19 Client Alert Series: The Cybersecurity Implications of an Entire Organization Working from Home - March 19th, 2020
- PH COVID-19 Client Alert Series: Data Protection Issues - March 4th, 2020
- The U.S. Federal Trade Commission Articulates a Strengthened Approach to Data Security Orders - January 9th, 2020
- The Right to be Forgotten Held to Apply Only to Europe in Landmark European Court of Justice Decision - September 25th, 2019
- Data Collection Moves Fast: the FTC Seeks Comment on Modernizing the COPPA Rule - July 30th, 2019
- FTC Zeroes in on False Claims of Certified Participation in Cross-Border Privacy Frameworks - June 18th, 2019
- OCC Warns Banks: Manage Cybersecurity Risk When Partnering with Third Party Service Providers - June 7th, 2019