Brent Beck is an associate in the Investment Funds & Private Capital practice based in the firm’s New York office. He represents a diverse range of asset managers in the formation and maintenance of private funds. Brent regularly advises sponsors on fund structuring, offering materials, limited partner negotiations, fund operation and regulatory matters. His experience includes fundraising for global asset management firms, financial-services businesses and family offices. Brent also has experience organizing and negotiating co-investment vehicles and secondary transactions. Prior to joining Paul Hastings, Brent practiced in the private funds groups of two international law firms.
- Global fundraise for UK asset manager’s flagship buyout fund with €16.7 billion in total commitments.
- Global asset manager’s $2.8 billion fundraise for an event-driven credit fund.
- New York-based asset manager’s first vintage real estate credit fund.
- First comingled fundraise as a registered investment adviser for a growth equity-focused family office.
- Fund of funds sponsor’s secondary interest buyout fund.
- Global asset manager’s $1.6 billion fundraise for event-driven credit fund.
- Series-structured fund of one designed to co-invest across a sponsor’s multi-strategy platform.
(Matters may have been completed prior to joining Paul Hastings)