Brianne Burnett Powers is a Director within the Privacy and Cybersecurity Solutions Group based in the Washington, D.C. office. Her educational and professional experience has primarily focused on privacy program and healthcare regulatory issues, as well as intellectual property, data sharing, and communications issues. Ms. Powers previously worked for nearly eight years at a large consulting firm where she focused on the program management of privacy-related contracts within the federal and commercial markets.
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) with the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), holding the U.S. Government Privacy Law (CIPP/G) designation.
- Michigan State University College of Law, J.D., 2010
- University of Michigan, B.A., 2007
- An Overview of the Current State-Based Privacy Legislation - Invalid date
- Important Privacy Law Development -- New York State Employee Monitoring Law Goes Into Effect in May - March 31st, 2022
- Paul Hastings Celebrates Data Privacy Day - January 26th, 2022
- Another New Biometric Privacy Law as New York City Law Becomes Effective - July 6th, 2021
- A New Presidential Executive Order Addresses the Growing Cyber Threat - May 14th, 2021
- Dark Patterns, New Icons, and Paper Forms – What Companies Need to Know About the New CCPA Regulations - March 18th, 2021
- Analysis and Comparison: The Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act and California Privacy Laws - February 17th, 2021
- Top 5 Privacy Developments in 2020 and 5 More to Prepare for in 2021 - December 14th, 2020
- COVID-19 – New Federal Data Protection Bill Introduced - May 7th, 2020
- Timeline for Selected Global Privacy Compliance Activities in Light of COVID-19 - April 17th, 2020
- COVID 19: Best Practices for Videoconferences – Protecting the Privacy of Confidential Conversations - April 8th, 2020
- Junior League of Northern Virginia, 2011 - Present (previous Board of Directors member)