Brian Wilmot is an associate in the Investigation and White Collar Defense practice of Paul Hastings, based in the firm’s Washington, D.C. office.
Mr. Wilmot advises clients in white collar litigation, internal and government investigations, government enforcement proceedings brought by the DOJ, SEC, CFTC, and FERC, compliance monitorships, compliance program enhancement and development, and anti-corruption due diligence. His practice includes complex, multi-jurisdictional matters, serving clients with an international footprint across a wide-range of industries, including technology, life sciences, financial services, manufacturing, and telecommunications.
Mr. Wilmot received his law degree from The University of Pennsylvania Law School, where he was a Littleton Fellow. He served as a Senior Editor for the University of Pennsylvania Law Review.
- International internal investigation for global manufacturing company in connection with DOJ fraud investigation.
- Internal investigations for global pharmaceutical company related into potential fraud, corruption, conflicts of interest, and other compliance program violations in over seven countries.
- International anti-corruption investigation in Africa for U.S.-based telecommunications technology manufacturer.
- Defense of individuals in FERC enforcement actions and related enforcement litigation, resulting in dismissal of proceedings and no enforcement action.
- Representation of individual in CFTC and DOJ investigations of commodities trading practices.
- Representation of individual executive in FERC enforcement investigation resulting in no action against the individual.
- Compliance program enhancement for South American chemical company during U.S. DOJ imposed monitorship.
- Compliance program enhancement of international industrial manufacturing company in connection with DOJ corruption investigation.
- International anti-corruption investigation for international software company involving parallel investigations, compliance reviews, and law enforcement investigations in multiple African countries.
- Representation of former senior executive of S&P 50 company in FCPA enforcement action and parallel shareholder litigation.
- Multi-jurisdiction anti-corruption due diligence for global pharmaceutical company.
- State’s attorney general investigation of consumer lending company.
- Paul Hastings Secures Trial Victory for Retired Rear Admiral Bruce Loveless - July 22nd, 2022
- Braskem Concludes 2016 FCPA Settlement with United States Department of Justice and Securities and Exchange Commission - May 19th, 2020
- Moody’s Corporation to Acquire Regulatory DataCorp - January 24th, 2020
- Teleperformance Announces Acquisition of Intelenet from Blackstone - June 14th, 2018
Engagement & Publications
- Author, "Prosecutorial Deference Versus Due Process: The Federal Power Act and Perpetual Statutes of Limitations," Energy Law Journal, Vol. 41, No. 1, at 71-91 (May 2020)
- Speaker, DOJ’s Revised Evaluation Guidance: Compliance Tips and Strategies, The Knowledge Group (December 12, 2019)