Cameron Saylor is a partner in the Structured Credit practice at Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s London office. Mr. Saylor specializes in structured finance, securitization, asset backed lending and credit funds, with a focus on CLOs. Mr. Saylor advises the leading arrangers and managers on European CLO transactions, having recently advised clients such as Credit Suisse, Blackrock, Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, Pinebridge, Societe Generale, Oak Hill Advisors, Sculptor, ICG, Alcentra, Mackay Sheilds, Albacore, Bank of America, PGIM, Deutsche Bank, JP Morgan, Citi, Barclays, Natixis, BNPP, Nomura, and Rothschild.
Mr. Saylor is an expert regarding European and U.S. risk retention, having advised on complex and novel compliance issues relevant to both U.S. and European CLO and other securitization transactions. He has spoken at various industry conferences and is regularly quoted in the industry press on matters concerning risk retention, Brexit, and other regulatory matters.
Prior to joining Paul Hastings, Mr. Saylor spent close to 10 years in the structured finance practice at other leading U.K. firms. He trained and worked as a lawyer in Canada prior to moving to London.
- Recommended for Structured Finance & Derivatives by Chambers UK 2020: ‘Cameron Saylor is "very approachable and patient," with "good knowledge of the market," sources report.’
- Named a ‘Leading Individual’ for Structured Products by Legal 500 UK 2020: "Excellent lawyers - innovative and inventive when it comes to solving problems, thoroughly commercial and acutely aware of market standards. They are also deeply dedicated to their clients and to delivering excellent service in all circumstances."
- University of Western Ontario (LLB)
- University of Waterloo (BaSC – Civil Engineering)
- Solicitor in England and Wales
- New York
- In 2019 Cameron advised managers and arrangers on 37 European CLO transactions and advised clients on European compliance issues with respect to dozens of U.S. CLOs.
- Cameron advised on the first transaction to price following the Brexit referendum in 2016, advising the clients on a structure to "Brexit proof" the transaction.
- Cameron has recently advised several first-time European CLO managers, and is currently advising the arranging banks on several transactions involving first-time European managers.
- Cameron also regularly advises both lenders and borrowers on asset backed lending facilities.
- Paul Hastings Practices and Lawyers Recognized for Excellence in Legal 500 United Kingdom 2022 - October 1st, 2021
- Paul Hastings advises responsAbility Investments AG on innovative social bond - June 14th, 2021
- Paul Hastings Named Top Global CLO Counsel for the Fourth Consecutive Year - January 19th, 2021
- Paul Hastings Named Top Global CLO Counsel for the Third Consecutive Year - February 7th, 2020
- Paul Hastings Named Law Firm of the Year for 2019 by Alt Credit Fund Intelligence - November 13th, 2019
- Paul Hastings Wins "Managing Complexity and Scale" Award and Ranked #3 in Europe for Legal Expertise by the Financial Times - September 13th, 2019
- Paul Hastings Named Top Global CLO Counsel for the Second Consecutive Year - February 20th, 2019
- Paul Hastings Named Top Global CLO Counsel - February 8th, 2018
- Paul Hastings Named European Law Firm of the Year by Private Debt Investor - March 1st, 2017
- London Expansion Continues at Paul Hastings with Leading Structured Finance Team - September 1st, 2016
- Recognized for Excellence in Legal 500 United Kingdom - October 1st, 2021
- Paul Hastings Named Law Firm of the Year for 2019 by Alt Credit Intelligence - November 12th, 2019
- Paul Hastings Wins Award for Managing Complexity and Scale and Ranked #3 in Europe for Legal Expertise by the Financial Times - September 13th, 2019
- Recognized by Creditflux as the Top Global CLO Counsel for the Second Consecutive Year - February 15th, 2019
- Recognized by Creditflux as the Top Global CLO Counsel - January 30th, 2018
- Paul Hastings Named CLO Law Firm of the Year - November 2nd, 2017
- Holding ABS Is Still Tricky: The EU Securitisation Regulation and its U.K. Equivalent - June 5th, 2020
- FCA/PRA, UK Government and ESMA release new requirements for Securitisation Regulation - December 20th, 2018
- Why Holding ABS Just Got Trickier: The EU Securitisation Regulation’s Impact on EU and Non-EU Investors - August 15th, 2018
- Court Rejects Application of Risk Retention Rules to CLOs - February 12th, 2018
- The Foreign Transaction Safe Harbour for U.S. Risk Retention on European CLOs - March 13th, 2017