Charles Cardon is a partner in the Corporate Department of the Paris office of Paul Hastings.
Charles' practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions for listed and non-listed companies, securities law and private equity transactions. He has significant experience advising French companies on their external growth projects in the U.S. and in Latin America.
He advises public companies in the context of their takeover bids (as advisor of target companies, bidders or shareholders), governance matters, disclosure requirements and relationship with shareholders as well as corporate law matters.
In private equity, Charles has developed a high level of experience in advising funds in a wide range of transactions, including LBO and stock exchange related deals, such as acquisition of a public target company by way of PtoP and IPO exit.
He is widely published and is a visiting professor at the Sorbonne-Assas International Law School and at the University of Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne on issues pertaining to international takeovers, company law and securities law.
- Charles Cardon is an ‘excellent professional who delivers a thoughtful but fast service, pragmatic and enthusiastic service, in the interest of the client.’ Legal 500 2021
- Ranked in 2020 by The Best Lawyers in Corporate M&A for France
- Recognised in M&A and Private Equity for France by IFLR1000, 2019
- University of Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, Master 2, 2004
- ESSEC Business School, 2004
- University Paris I: Panthéon-Sorbonne, M1, 2003
Private Equity Transactions
- UTAC CERAM, a portfolio company of Eurazeo PME and FCDE, on the LBU of Millbrook (2021).
- Tikehau in the reorganization of the share capital of Cruiseline (2021).
- The management of Sendinblue on the LBO of Bridgepoint, Bpifrance and Partech (2020)
- Astorg in connection with the acquisition of stakes in Echosens.
- Five Arrows in connection with the acquisition of A2MAC1.
- TowerBrook in connection with the acquisition of Infopro Digital.
- 3i, Nixen, TCR Capital, CM-CIC Investissement and Omnes Capital in connection with the sale of Labco to Civen.
- Management of group In’Tech Medical in connection with the secondary LBO by Eurazeo PME.
M&A Acquisitions / Sales
- Sendinblue on the acquisition of Metrilo, Chatra and PushOwl
- Air France Industries KLM Engineering & Maintenance on the creation of xCelle Americas, a newly formed joint venture with Triumph Group
- Advising DLPK in the acquisition of Tailor Capital (2020).
- Generali in connection with the acquisition of Sycomore.
- Eurovia in connection with the acquisition of the U.S. plants and paving assets from Lane.
- Management team of Thermocoax in connection with the sale of the group to Spirax Group.
- Founders and managers of laboratories NHCO Nutrition in connection with the sale of the company to Chiesi Group.
- DLPK on the acquisition of Tailor Capital.
- A2Mac1 on the acquisition of ImproValue.
- Vexim in connection with the cash tender offer initiated by Stryker.
- Medtech in connection with the cash tender offer initiated by Zimmer Biomet.
- Atos in connection with its cash tender offer and squeeze-out offer on Bull.
- Vinci in connection with its cash tender offer followed by a squeeze-out offer on Entrepose Contracting.
- Guyenne et Gascogne in connection with the cash tender offer and public exchange offer initiated by Carrefour.
- Paul Hastings Advises Shareholder Hanwha Systems on Proposed Combination between OneWeb and Eutelsat - July 28th, 2022
- Eurazeo Invests in WiiSmile - June 16th, 2022
- Tikehau Ace Capital Invests in Vade Secure - June 1st, 2022
- FCDE Signs An Exclusivity Agreement With Cobham - March 17th, 2022
- Sendinblue Acquires Meetfox - March 9th, 2022
- A2Mac1 Acquires Coram Research - March 4th, 2022
- Marguerite Acquires a Majority Stake in Jifmar - February 21st, 2022
- Air France Industries KLM Engineering & Maintenance Forms xCelle Americas, a Joint Venture with Triumph Group - December 8th, 2021
- Paul Hastings advises A2Mac1 on the acquisition of ImproValue - November 22nd, 2021
- Sendinblue Acquires Metrilo, Chatra and PushOwl - September 22nd, 2021
- Legal 500 EMEA Guide Recognizes Paul Hastings in France and Germany - April 21st, 2021
- Conconcreto and Vinci Highways Complete Financing for Bogotá-Girardot Third Lane Expansion Project - February 24th, 2021
- Paul Hastings Expands Global Finance and Restructuring Practice with Renowned Restructuring Partner and Team in Paris - April 10th, 2020
- Paul Hastings Hires OECD Director of Legal Affairs Nicola Bonucci - November 18th, 2019
- Paul Hastings European Expansion Continues With Paris Corporate/Private Equity Partner Hire - October 3rd, 2019
- Member of the Paris Bar