Chris Dickerson is a partner in the Firm's Corporate group, the Vice Chair of the Financial Restructuring practice and a member of the Special Situations Group. His practice includes the representation of a variety of clients in complex business reorganizations, debt restructurings, and insolvency matters, including purchasers of and investors in distressed companies and lenders to and creditors of such companies and other special situations.
Mr. Dickerson has assisted numerous large corporations both inside and outside chapter 11, including Ameriserve, Antioch Holdings, Atlas Energy, Babcock & Wilcox, Blackjewel L.L.C., Caesars Entertainment, Circuit City Stores, CIT Group, Diamond Brands, Delphi Automotive, Inc., Edison Mission Energy, Inc., Extreme Plastics Plus, Goss Graphics, Global Cloud Xchange, Harnischfeger, HomePlace Stores, Jitney Jungle Stores, One Aviation Corporation, Orius, Refco, US Airways, Vanguard Natural Resources, and Zenith Electronics.
He has also assisted numerous investors in and acquirers of distressed assets including Angelo Gordon, Black Diamond Capital Management, Deerfield Capital Management, HIG Capital, Hilco Global, Macquarie Capital, Madison Industries, Silverpoint Capital, Victory Park Capital Advisors, and Versa Capital Management. Mr. Dickerson also often assists both institutional and alternative lenders in workouts and other situations including Bank of America, BMO Harris, BNP Paribas, Citibank, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, JPMorgan Chase, Morgan Stanley, Monroe Capital, THL Credit, and Wells Fargo.
- The Legal 500, Finance - Restructuring: Corporate (2021)
- The Deal magazine, Regularly listed as one of the Top Bankruptcy M&A Lawyers
- Named in Chambers USA, where sources have described him as a "very creative, very aggressive and [a] very smart bankruptcy person," whose "creativity and approach and overall client service are most impressive." Chambers also noted his "particular expertise in acting for secured lenders in the acquisition of distressed assets." Commentators have found him "very professional and knowledgeable, and [he] has good scope and appreciation of what needs to get done."
- Named in The Best Lawyers in America
- The Legal 500 United States recognized him as "commercially savvy and very strategic."
- University of Wisconsin Law School, J.D. (cum laude, Order of the Coif)
- Georgetown University, M.A., National Security Studies
- United States Naval Academy, B.S.
Military Service Following graduation from the United States Naval Academy, Chris was a naval flight officer in the US Navy for 11 years, assigned to Fighter Squadrons 101, 142 and 124.
- Paul Hastings Ranked as Top Three Firm for New Rankings and Recognized for Numerous Practice Strength and Growth in Chambers USA 2021 - May 21st, 2021
- Healthcare Bluebook Acquires Quality Division of Quantros - February 25th, 2021
- Paul Hastings Practices and Lawyers Score Top Rankings in Chambers USA 2020 - May 1st, 2020
- Paul Hastings Practices and Lawyers Score Top Rankings in Chambers USA 2019 - May 1st, 2019
- Vector Capital to Acquire Aspect Software - January 2nd, 2019
- Paul Hastings Practices and Lawyers Score Top Rankings in Chambers USA 2018 - May 11th, 2018
- Vanguard Natural Resources Successfully Completes Financial Restructuring - August 2nd, 2017
- Paul Hastings Practices and Lawyers Score Top Rankings in Chambers USA 2017 - June 5th, 2017
- Paul Hastings Practices and Lawyers Score Top Rankings in Chambers USA 2016 - June 8th, 2016
- Corporate Growth Continues at Paul Hastings with Addition of Private Equity Finance Partner in Chicago - August 25th, 2015
- Paul Hastings Practices and Lawyers Score Top Rankings in Chambers USA 2015 - May 20th, 2015
- Paul Hastings Continues Corporate Additions with Restructuring and Bankruptcy Pair in Chicago - May 1st, 2015
- District Court Judge Vacates Purdue Pharma’s Confirmation Order, Holding Nonconsensual Nondebtor Releases Impermissible - December 23rd, 2021
- Chapter 11: Introdução À Reorganização Judicial Nos EUA - July 21st, 2020
- Triumph for Trademark Licensees: Supreme Court Says Right to Use Trademarks Following Debtor’s Rejection of Licensing Agreement Is Determined By Non-Bankruptcy Law - May 29th, 2019
- Are Buyers of Assets Acquired from Debtors in Section 363 Bankruptcy Sales Protected from Product Liability Claims? - July 27th, 2016
- Delaware Bankruptcy Court Refuses to Dismiss Chapter 11 Case Despite Existence of Secured Lender’s “Golden Share” in Debtor’s Delaware LLC Agreement: Could Bankruptcy-Remote Structures Be at Risk? - June 16th, 2016
Engagement & Publications
Mr. Dickerson frequently lectures and writes on restructuring topics, including prepacks, mergers and acquisitions in distressed situations, distressed investing, fiduciary duties of board of directors, zone of insolvency issues, confirmation issues and general and basic bankruptcy analysis.