Chris Jalian is an associate in the Employment Law practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s Los Angeles office.
Mr. Jalian represents employers in all aspects of labor and employment law, including wage-and-hour matters and discrimination. He has experience with class and representative actions, multi-plaintiff, and single-plaintiff lawsuits defending employers in state and federal courts in cases involving federal and state antidiscrimination, equal pay and whistleblower laws, the Fair Labor Standards Act, and a variety of state wage and hour laws. Mr. Jalian has also counseled clients to ensure compliance with wage and hour requirements. His clients include financial institutions, major manufacturers, hotels and hotel management companies, and retail and entertainment companies.
Mr. Jalian received his J.D. from Columbia Law School in 2012, where he was a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar and served as the Executive Editor of the Columbia Journal of European Law. He received his B.A. in History from the University of California, Los Angeles, cum laude, in 2008. Mr. Jalian was named as a California Super Lawyer Rising Star in 2018–2020. He is admitted to practice in California and New York.
- California Adopts New Protections for Warehouse Distribution Center Employees - September 28th, 2021
- California Employers Must Pay One-Hour Premiums For Meal, Rest, And Recovery Period Violations At The “Regular Rate of Pay” Used To Calculate Overtime Compensation - July 19th, 2021
- DOL Issues New Tip Regulations Under the Fair Labor Standards Act - January 12th, 2021
- EEOC Weighs in on Workplace COVID-19 Vaccination Programs - December 18th, 2020
- Preparing for COVID-19 Vaccines: Can U.S. Employers Require Vaccination? - December 10th, 2020
- AB 1867: California Enacts Supplemental COVID-19 Paid Sick Leave Law - September 14th, 2020
- EEO-1 Pay Data Collection Tool: Still Alive and Well with a Deadline of March 31, 2018 for First Report - August 4th, 2017
- EEOC Announces Proposed Revisions to EEO-1 Pay Data Collection Tool - July 19th, 2016
Engagement & Publications
- Your Questions Answered: Preparing Your Witness for a Deposition," American Bar Association, May 2013
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, "The Latest Developments Regarding the California Labor Code Private Attorneys General Act of 2004," March 27, 2018
- California Lawyers Association, "Wage and Hour Basics," February 7, 2019
- "Beware Cost of Meal and Rest Break Noncompliance in California," Law360, February 22, 2019
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, "The Latest Developments Regarding the California Labor Code Private Attorneys General Act of 2004," May 30, 2019
- "Offshore Rig Ruling Checks State Claims at Shore," Law360, June 19, 2019
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, "COVID-Era Wage & Hour Basics for Employment Lawyers Who Don’t Do Wage & Hour Cases," May 28, 2020