Dan O'Connor is an associate in the Private Equity and M&A practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm's Chicago office.
His practice focuses on complex transactions, including leveraged buyouts, mergers and acquisitions, growth equity investments, divestitures, and corporate governance. In addition, he frequently advises clients on equity incentive and executive compensation arrangements, corporate governance, and other general transactional matters. Prior to joining Paul Hastings, he worked as CPA/Senior Assurance Associate at a leading accounting firm where he specialized in audits and transactions of private equity portfolio companies.
Mr. O'Connor graduated magna cum laude from the University of San Diego School of Law, where he was elected to the Order of the Coif.
While in law school, he served as a judicial extern to Judge Kenneth K. Lee of the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and Justice Terry B. O'Rourke of the California Courts of Appeal. He earned a B.S. and M.S. in Accounting from Bradley University.
Mr. O'Connor is admitted to practice law in Illinois.
- Represented Cortec Group in connection with:
- the acquisition of its portfolio company Goettl;
- the acquisition of its portfolio company Circle;
- the sale of its portfolio company Canadian Hospital Specialties;
- various add-on acquisitions for its portfolio company Center for Vein Restoration;
- the following add-on acquisitions for its portfolio company Groundworks:
- Baker's Waterproofing;
- I'm the Guy Basements;
- BQ Basements and Concrete;
- Alpha Foundations;
- CLS Foundation Repair and Waterproofing;
- Peak Structural;
- Basement Systems of West Virginia; and
- Foundation Support Specialists.
- Represented Pfingsten Partners in connection with:
- the sale of its portfolio company Dynapower.
- Represented DW Healthcare Partners in connection with:
- the acquisition of its portfolio company Vets Plus.
- Represented Beecken Petty O'Keefe & Company in connection with:
- the acquisition of its portfolio company Home Care Delivered; and
- add-on acquisitions for its portfolio company Zenith American Solutions.
- Represented May River Capital in connection with:
- the sale of its portfolio company Hunt Valve.
- Represented H.I.G. Growth Partners in connection with the acquisition of its portfolio company Accounting Seed, Inc.
- Represented Loadsmart in connection with its acquisition of Opendock.
- Represented 2U, Inc. in connection with the acquisition of edX.
- Represented FiscalNote in connection with its SPAC merger with Duddell Street Acquisition Corp.
- Represented Orangewood Partners in connection with the acquisition of its portfolio company Pacific Bells.
- Represented Bessemer Investors in connection with its portfolio company MAS Restaurant Group's acquisition of CL Companies.
- FiscalNote Completes $1.3 Billion Business Combination and Becomes a Publicly Traded Company - July 29th, 2022
- Sensata Technologies to Acquire Dynapower - May 9th, 2022
- FiscalNote to Go Public in $1.3 Billion Business Combination with Duddell Street Acquisition Corp. - November 8th, 2021
- May River Capital Completes Sale of Hunt Valve to Fairbanks Morse Defense - September 13th, 2021
- Paul Hastings Advises 2U, Inc. in Acquisition of edX - June 29th, 2021