Daniel S. Richards is an associate in the Employment Law Department of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm's New York office. Mr. Richards
defends employers in a wide range of employment law issues, including discrimination, wage and hour, wrongful discharge and restrictive covenant claims in state and federal courts around the country, including in the class action context. He also has experience with employment issues arising out of high-level corporate transactions and restructurings, including performing labor and employment due diligence.
Before joining Paul Hastings, Mr. Richards was an employment litigation attorney in the New York office of an international law firm. He also served as a law clerk to the Honorable Associate Justice Walter F. Timpone of the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
Mr. Richards received his B.S. from Cornell University in Industrial Labor Relations. He received his J.D. from Columbia Law School, where he served as the Executive Submissions Editor for the Columbia Science and Technology Law Review and received both James Kent Scholar and Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar honors. During law school, he served as a Law Clerk to Senator Christopher A. Coons, U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee, and as an Employment Law Intern at The Legal Aid Society in New York City.
- Columbia Law School, J.D., 2018
- Cornell University, B.S., 2015
- EEOC Issues Guidance on Using AI in Compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act - May 17th, 2022
- Federal Contractors Face Increased Scrutiny on Pay - March 21st, 2022
- Order Requires New York City Employees To Get Vaccinated Against COVID-19 - December 16th, 2021
- Task Force Issues Guidance on President Biden’s Vaccine Mandate for Federal Contractors - September 29th, 2021
- Vaccinating the Unvaccinated: Executive Order to Require Federal Contractors to Mandate Vaccination - September 12th, 2021
- Connecticut Employers Face New Pay Transparency and Equal Pay Requirements - September 7th, 2021