David Friedman is an associate in the New York office of Paul Hastings and is a member of the Real Estate Practice. Mr. Friedman has broad experience in all types of real estate transactions, including complex secured financing, acquisitions and dispositions, joint-venture formation, and preferred equity investments. In particular, Mr. Friedman’s practice focuses on representing lenders and institutional investors in a wide variety of transaction types, advising on mortgage and mezzanine debt and preferred equity structures for acquisition, refinancing, and construction.
He has considerable experience across all asset types, including office, multi-family, mixed-use, hospitality, casino, industrial, warehouse, energy, and data. His experience also includes workouts, restructurings, and distressed and performing loan sales. Mr. Friedman works with clients to gain an in-depth understanding of their businesses in order to advocate on behalf of their best interests.
- Duke University School of Law, J.D., 2017
- Duke University, B.A. (magna cum laude), 2013
- Represented a private equity fund as lender in connection with the financing of a luxury condominium developer based in New York City, including multiple, subsequent loan upsizings and the workout/loan modifications relating thereto.
- He was an alternative investment manager as borrower in connection with the mortgage and mezzanine construction financing of a 1.3 million square-foot commercial development project in Charleston.
- Represented a family office as lender in connection with the financing and development of a mixed-use property in Los Angeles.
- Represented an institutional lender in connection with the construction financing of several multi-family properties across the United States to a Dallas-based developer and its joint-venture partner.
- Represented a private equity fund as lender in connection with the modification and subsequent auction and sale of a national portfolio of 13 warehouses under the Uniform Commercial Code.
- He was an alternative asset manager in connection with mortgage financing secured by a ground leasehold interest in an office building located in New York City.
- He was a sponsor in connection with the formation of a programmatic joint venture to acquire multi-family infrastructure located throughout the United States.