Derek J. Turnbull
Associate, Litigation Department
Washington, D.C.Phone: 1(202) 551-1883
Derek Turnbull is an associate in the Litigation practice and is based in the firm’s Washington, D.C. office. His practice focuses on matters in white collar defense, primarily the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and U.S. sanctions regulations.
Mr. Turnbull assists multinational corporations in investigating corruption, sanctions violations, and other financial crimes, implements and improves clients' compliance programs, and advises clients on the rapidly evolving sanctions frameworks against Iran, Russia, Venezuela, and other jurisdictions.
Mr. Turnbull received his law degree, cum laude, from the University of Michigan Law School in 2016, where he was an associate editor of the Michigan Journal of International Law. He has previously lived and worked in China and Israel. He is admitted to practice law in the District of Columbia and New York.
- Commerce Simplifies—but Expands—the Foreign Direct Product Rule for Huawei - August 19th, 2020
- Nine Things You Need to Know About the Trump Administration Sanctions Against TikTok and WeChat - August 10th, 2020
- New Targeted and Secondary Sanctions Regime For Hong Kong and the PRC - July 17th, 2020
- Evolution not Revolution: DOJ and SEC Update The FCPA Resource Guide - July 8th, 2020
- U.S. Policymakers Look to Limit Reliance on Manufacturing in China - May 29th, 2020
- A One-Two Punch: The U.S. Government Hits China’s Technology Sector - May 17th, 2019