Amit Mehta is the chair of the Chicago office and is a partner in the Private Equity and Mergers & Acquisition practices at Paul Hastings.
Mr. Mehta’s practice is focused on private equity and corporate transactions, restructuring and distressed transactions, mergers and acquisitions, private securities offerings, and counseling boards and senior management on strategic business, corporate governance, financial, and transactional matters. He regularly represents companies in acquisitions and dispositions and also in connection with distressed assets. In addition, he represents parties in connection with transactional risk products, including the issuance of representations and warranties insurance policies.
Mr. Mehta serves as general counsel for companies, including providing advice and assistance with respect to general corporate matters and corporate governance. He has a wide range of corporate finance experience, including venture capital and other private placement transactions and secured and subordinated financing transactions.
- Represented HIG Capital in numerous transactions, including:
- Its acquisition of AVI-SPL; and numerous add-on acquisitions
- Its acquisition of Adtheorent Fidelity Payment Systems
- Its acquisition of Constructive Media;
- Its acquisition of Ship Supply;
- Its acquisition of Salary.com;
- Its sale of Vaupell Industries; and
- Its sale of American Hardwoods.
- Represented Porchlight Capital in connection with various private investments.
- Represented Skyline Global Partners in connection with various private investments.
- Represented Furniture Brands International in its sale of assets via a 363 Bankruptcy Sale Process to KPS Capital Partners.
- Represented Extreme Plastics Plus in its sale of assets via a 363 Bankruptcy Sale Process to Blue Wolf Capital.
- Represented AFI Partners in its acquisition sale of Waterloo Industries.
- Represented Bayside Capital in connection with:
- Its acquisition of JW Resources;
- Its acquisition and sale of Shapes Aluminum and Signature Canada; and
- Its sale of Pendum.
- Represented WP Global Partners in connection with various minority and venture capital investments.
- Represented Endeavour Capital in connection with its acquisitions of Neverblue Media.
- Represented TriplePoint Capital in connection with its investment from Wafra Capital.
- Represented General Catalyst Partners in connection with its investment in, and related acquisitions by, and sale of, CLEAResult Consulting.
- Represented Garrison Investment Partners in connection with:
- Its sale of Premier Trailer Leasing
- Its asset acquisition of a supply chain management company;
- Its asset acquisition from Trans National Communications International; and
- Its merger of TNCI and Impact Telecom.
Accolades and Recognitions
- Recognized by publications such as Chambers & Partners USA Guide, 2011 - 2017, and listed by Super Lawyers Magazine, 2011-2017.
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D. (cum laude)
- Saint Louis University, Honors B.S.B.A. (magna cum laude)