Dr. Bernd Meyer-Witting is a partner in the Corporate practice of our Frankfurt office. He is a member of the Paul Hastings M&A team and advises domestic and foreign corporate clients from a wide variety of sectors (particularly Telecommunications, Media & Technology, Renewable Energy and Industrials) on a broad range of legal issues, in particular on cross-border M&A, joint ventures and complex outsourcing transactions.
Prior to joining Paul Hastings, Dr. Meyer-Witting was Head of the German TMT practice at another major international law firm.
- Advising Hanwha Chemical on its acquisition of Q-Cells SE‘s headquarters in Germany, its production facilities in Germany and Malaysia and its sales offices in the US, Australia and Japan from Q-Cells' insolvency administrator.
- Advising Statkraft on its EUR 4.4 billion asset swap with E.ON AG comprising the exchange of Statkraft's shares in E.ON Sverige AB (44.6%) for a sizeable stake in E.ON AG and a range of renewable power plants in Germany and the UK.
- Advising Royal Dutch Shell on one of the largest ever private sector outsourcings, which involved outsourcing Shell's IT infrastructure, including managed network services to three different suppliers in 130+ countries for between 5 and 10 years.
Accolades and Recognitions
- Dr. Meyer-Witting is particularly recommended for IT and Outsourcing in The Legal 500.
- Trinity College, Cambridge BA (Hons), Law 1981; M.A., Law 1985
- Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nuremberg, 1 St Exam, 1985
- Higher Regional Court Nuremberg, 2 St Exam, 1989
- University of Osnabrück, Dr. jur., 1990
- Admitted as Rechtsanwalt in Germany 1990
- Admitted as Solicitor in England & Wales 1991
- Languages: German, English and French