Darcy White is a partner in the Corporate practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s Atlanta office. She concentrates her practice on general corporate representation (including important corporate governance matters), mergers and acquisitions, and complex commercial transactions, and has represented both public and private clients in a wide variety of domestic and cross-border transactions, including mergers, stock acquisitions, divisional asset acquisitions and dispositions, and joint ventures. Ms. White also has significant experience with private equity and venture capital transactions. She has represented companies in a number of industries such as information technology, biotechnology, manufacturing and consulting.
Ms. White is a member of the firm's Pro Bono Committee and is dedicated to pro bono work. She has helped multiple charitable organizations obtain nonprofit status and has provided them ongoing corporate and transactional-related advice.
- Represented GE Power & Water in its acquisition of substantially all of the assets of a high-performance sensor technology developer and manufacturer.
- Represented GE Power & Water in its disposition to a subsidiary of TRC Companies, Inc., of substantially all of the assets constituting GE's emissions testing business.
- Represented GE Power & Water in three separate joint ventures related to the development of certain turbine technologies.
- Represented GE Energy Management in the negotiation of a complex commercial agreement amendment and restatement.
- Represented GE Transportation in negotiation of various complex commercial transaction agreements, including purchase agreements, consortium agreements and joint development agreements.
- Represented Blackstone Tactical Opportunities in its and Mill Road Capital’s acquisition by merger, in a going-private transaction, of R.G. Barry Corporation.
- Represented The Providence Service Corporation in its acquisition by merger of Matrix Medical Network.
- Represented TierPoint, LLC in an equity financing to fund its acquisition of Xand, with such financing provided by TierPoint's existing investors as well as a new investor, Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan.
- Represented Christie Digital Systems USA, Inc. in its acquisition of certain of the assets of a leading LED display wholesaler.
- Represented Christie Digital Systems USA, Inc. in its acquisition of certain of the assets of a high-performance speaker system developer and producer.
- Represented Christie Digital Systems USA, Inc. in its acquisition of certain of the assets of Luminetx Corporation.
- Represented Christie Digital Systems USA, Inc. in the negotiation of various complex commercial agreements.
- Represented Ushio America, Inc. in its acquisition of membership interests in an LED device developer and in a related loan arrangement between Ushio and the target.
- Represented Ushio America, Inc. in its acquisition of certain assets comprising a division of a major lighting device manufacturer.
- Represented Southwire Company in its purchase of substantially all of the assets of Maxis, LLC.
- Represented Southwire Company in its purchase of the outstanding stock of Tappan Wire & Cable, Inc.
- Represented Cotton Holdings, Inc. in exchange offer of outstanding 15% Second Priority Senior Secured Notes.
- Represented Cotton Holdings, Inc. in a multi-step buyout of the company by the management of its operating subsidiary.
- Represented the senior management and independent directors of Milacron LLC in its sale by Avenue Capital to CCMP Capital Advisors, LLC.
- Represented Magnatrax Corporation in its acquisition by Nucor Corporation for $280 million.
- Represented Progressive Logistics Services, LLC, a freight-handling labor business, in the sale of a majority stake to H.I.G. Capital.
- Represented Kurt Salmon Associates, Inc., a leading consultancy firm with operations around the globe, in its acquisition by Management Consulting Group PLC, a London stock exchange listed company, in a two-step merger valued at $120 million.
Accolades and Recognitions
- Selected for listing in Chambers USA, 2012
- Selected as Rising Star in Mergers & Acquisitions by Atlanta Magazine, 2009, 2010, and 2011
- Paul Hastings Excellence in Mentoring Award, 2012
- Pro Bono Partnership of Atlanta Law Firm Volunteer of the Year, 2011
- Paul Hastings Pro Bono and Community Coordinator of the Year, 2009
- Ms. White received her J.D. degree, magna cum laude, from Boston University in 2001 where she was a member of the Boston University Law Review. She spent her final semester of law school studying International Law at Oxford University in England.
- She received her B.S. degree, cum laude, from Middle Tennessee State University in 1996.