Duncan Woollard is a partner in the Private Funds practice at Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s London office. He advises on a wide range of private equity and other fund matters, including infrastructure, real estate and related fundraisings, funds of funds, venture funds, debt funds, mezzanine funds, distressed and special situations funds, activist funds, carried interest, co-investment and other incentive schemes, secondary transactions, fund restructurings and spin-outs, mergers, and the establishment of new private fund management businesses.
His clients include Investindustrial, NorthEdge Capital, Endless, RIT Capital plc, Pamplona Capital, LaSalle Investment Management, AllianceBernstein, Terra Firma, Babson Capital, Clessidra, Amadeus Capital Partners, MML Capital Partners, Xenon Private Equity, Beechbrook, Innova, Neovara, Hutton Collins, and Aberdeen SVG. He also acts for investors in private equity funds, including RHM Pension Trustees, Eagle Asia, and Innotech Investments.
His work focuses on European private funds but also includes a number of clients in emerging markets, including China and Eastern Europe.
Structuring and formation of:
- The £525 million Endless Fund IV;
- The €2 billion Investindustrial VI;
- The £300m NorthEdge Fund II;
- The £600m LaSalle Real Estate Debt Strategies II Fund; and
- The £500m Terra Firma Special Situations Fund I.
- Sale of Pantheon group by Russell to AMG;
- Sale of a substantial secondary portfolio by Rothschild Investment Trust plc;
- The Duke Street pledge fund acquisition structure for LMF Funerals; and
- Spin-out of the Lehman Brothers European mezzanine team to form Neovara.