Eugene Ferrer is a partner in the Corporate practice at Paul Hastings and is based in the New York office. His practice focuses on securitization and structured finance, with a particular emphasis on structured credit products and collateralized loan obligation transactions. In the past, he has represented investment banks, financial institutions, investment advisors, issuers, investors and end-users in a wide array of securitized financial products involving structured finance and derivatives, including: cash and synthetic CDO/CLOs, credit-linked notes, securities repackagings, credit/interest rate/equity/hedge fund based derivatives, monetization of net operating losses and foreign tax credit transactions. During his career, Mr. Ferrer has been involved with the securitization of many types of financial assets, including leveraged loans, high-yield bonds, structured finance securities, hedge fund interests, trade receivables, residential and commercial mortgage loans, municipal bonds and equipment leases.
Accolades and Recognitions
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business (2006-2009, 2015)
- Best Lawyers in America (2010-2015)
- Chambers Global (2007-2009)
- University of San Francisco School of Law, J.D. (cum laude), 1992
- University of the Pacific, B.S. in Business/Accounting (cum laude), 1986